Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

Logitech Wingman Extreme

Guest Ronson2k

I like this stick very much - alot better then the "topgun" stick I had previous to this. Anyway a problem has cropped up and perhaps someone can help me out?The Stick is at time moving the throttle. I'm not talking about the throttle on the side. The stick is moving it. It's very annoying to have this happen when making an approach. Any of you Logitech users out there have simular problems and perhaps have fixed it. I can dissable the throttle from the stick in the FS2002.cfg but I'm hoping I don't have to?Any help greatly accepted.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest ucanfly

I had lots of problems with this stick after about 9 months of use. The rudder started spiking uncontrollably in flight. What I noticed about the throttle was that it worked itself loose after awhile, but did not give me any noticeable probs. I have had three of those sticks and they all did not last (kept taking them back and exchanging). In case you are experiencing calibration problems there is a file in the CD that will wipe out the old CAL data and that may help. Other than that I would not recommend stick.

Guest Ronson2k

Ah yes but I already have the stick. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Yoke however. I will most likely have to disable the throttle on the stick or something. It's worked quite well for me except for this throttle thing I had thought it was something to do with the stick needing repair or cleaning or something. Anyway thanks for your help. I'll try the config thing first.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

I enjoy the stick as a cheap alternative for a Cougar on another setup. I'm on my second and due for my third thanks to the rudder pot spiking mentioned above. It's a good stick, but does indeed have a limited lifetime, because the rudder pot will go bad. (If you get desperate, you can disable the rudder pot/twist grip).

I have used CH Yoke and Pedals in tandem with your stick for two years or so now, and it's a fantastic set-up (given that my wife would never allow PFC gear in the house without having my sanity professionally examined). I have disabled the throttle and twist on the stick - which you need to anyway, or you'll get conflicts - and it works fantastically well. Got me well into rotor flying once I had set it up, but also enables realistic flying with a whole range of stuff as you will know.Yes, I even fly those Airbus thingies with a stick now and again, when I'm not flying the 'Reds' upside down at 200' or chewin' baccy in my Gooney bird.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I had the Wingman 3D Force and had the joystick pot fail within 2 months of purchase. Their support is a toll call to Las Vegas, NV, and after waiting on hold for a good $30 worth, I put it in a bag and bought a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. This was two years ago and have yet to have a problem.On an unrelated note, I had a Logitech Wingman Cordless gamepad crap out on me after 1 month of use. Same level of service. It's now on my shelf to remind me "once bitten, twice shy".In sum, don't buy another Logitech product if you can avoid it.Best of luck,Glenn

Guest H_Kev55

While I too experienced the rudder problem that everyone is talking about, on both of the 2 I've owned, I found out by keeping the drivers updated and keeping the stick calibrated, mine wasn't too bad at all.I never had a problem with the throttle on mine.While I took mine back to the store where I bought it, I worked there part time also, so that helped, I did not experience any negative customer service from Logitech on the countless times that I emailed them.I've recently purchased the Logitech Freedom Cordless stick. It feels a lot better than the Wingman. I bought an extended warranty, so if it fails, I can exchange or return.Haven't quite save up enuf for the Cougar tho. The Cougar looks great, just don't like the rudder controls on the throttle...oh well.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest outtatimeiii

As a few already said, its the stick's fault LOL. On my Wingman Extreme Digital 3D, throttle in FS2002 drops a bit usually when I push the stick forward. It doesn't seem to affect it when I pull back on the stick. Using FSUIPC and calibrating the throttle helps quite a bit it seems. http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25495.jpgHeres how I set mine up, I dont have the max throttle at max, but a nudge below max. And I intentionally set minimum throttle higher than normal, because if I didn't, it was extremely hard to engage reverse thrust (I had hold throttle on stick hard at minumum, and hold F2 at the same time).Only the throttle have been giving me trouble, rudder is working great still.

After 3 of em in 8 months.... I switched to the Saitek Cyborg Gold USB stick and I love it. I've had it over a year and a half and it works as well now as it did out of the box. I highly recomend this one for a non feedback stick.Brian

I found a link on the Gonegold forum recently that said Microsoft is getting out of the hardware business such as joysticks. That is a real bummer if true. I really like my Sidweinder II. It has been reliable for over two years now.Tony

>Haven't quite save up enuf for the Cougar tho. The Cougar>looks great, just don't like the rudder controls on the>throttle...oh well.>KJOn the Cougar, that isn't a "rudder on the throttle" per se'. It's a workaround until you buy rudder pedals.On the subject of the Cougar... future buyers should be aware, that there are a number of hardware modifications that are _highly_ recommended, but very expensive and require international mail in some cases. A large one is, getting rid of the pots and replacing them with Hall Effect Sensors. Having said that, I do love mine. *grin*

Sorry that MS is going out of the joystick business. I'd better buy a second Sidewinder in case my present one craps out. So far no probs, after 3 years. Surprised to hear about probs with Logitec joysticks. I've used several of their products in the past, and had no difficulties!Hauptmann

Guest Ronson2k

Thanks for all the replys I appreciate the help. The FSUIPC fix looks interesting so I'll give that a go aswell.Once again thanks.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest Boone

After nearly two years the throttle on my Saitek USB Gold went. Saitek were kind enough to send me a replacement part called a 'potentiometer' but I a) either didn't solder it right or :( there's something else up with it. I have been using it everyday for nearly two years!Either way, I'll buy Saitek again because of the customer service alone. My stick was out of warrenty and they made the effort to send me 2 replacement parts. The sticks are great and I'm now considering buying their force feedback x-45.Regards,Boone