Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

Direct X 9.0b is out...with latest CRITICAL SECURITY DX FIX!!!

Use Google and type in: Direct X 9.0bIt will give you the sites that have the OFFICIAL RETAIL RELEASE.Not only does version 9.0b have the security patch installed BUT---there are FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS to DX as well.Be sure you are not downloading the BETA.Anyone running DX 9.0 and lower NEEDS to download the .0b version.Read the MS security bulletin dated July 23/03Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest PaulL01

>Use Google and type in: Direct X 9.0b>>It will give you the sites that have the OFFICIAL RETAIL>RELEASE.>>Not only does version 9.0b have the security patch installed>BUT---there are FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS to DX as well.>>Be sure you are not downloading the BETA.>>>Anyone running DX 9.0 and lower NEEDS to download the .0b>version.>>Read the MS security bulletin dated July 23/03>>Cheers!>>Mitch R.What enhancments do you refer to?MS have stated that there is no new API, however there are some updated development tools in the SDK.Thanks Mitch.Paul

Guest freequest

Iv installed this update allready its just a fix for some DX .DLL file the microsoft autoupdate installs the fix for Quartz.dll .Unless i missed something?

I've got it yesterday from windows update.they say that it has security fixes and PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATIONS!!The initial download is about 300Kb which enable to FULL download of the program (don't know how many Mb)I've tested it using 3dmark 2001 3Dmark 2003, Pcmark, unrealtournament 2003 benchmarck mode, and FS ;) .The scores are about the same ( a LITLE higher than dx9a but not mush, about 100pts in my case: I don

Guest freequest

O well I might give it a go but ill download the full package not the online installer if i can find the blighter :)

Guest product

Hi,Is there any performance improvement / change, I'm currently using DX9 and very happy, and personally have no reason to be concerned about security problems as I don't use my FS computer to connect to the internet.So, aside from security, is there a reason for me to upgrade?Best,Joel?

Ben - You'll find some links for several sources, including Microsoft, here: http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file...e&size=33395808Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest freequest

thanks Doug I can never find that ... well i do but it takes me forever to wade though the Microsoft website quagmire :)Thanks

I know exactly what you mean. You'd think they would have found an easier way to find things by now.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

No reason at all Joel. If it ain't broke...... -- Doug

Guest freequest

Yeah i know and the worst thing is the search funtion they have at MS brings up so many useless articles...