Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Aruba Hill

Please take a look at the attached pic of a steep mound of dirt adjacent to Rwy 29 at Aruba. It appears in both the default scenery and the FS2002 scenery by Sabino Yacabone. Having never been to Aruba, is there in actuality such a hill? Viewing the airport with Google Earth, I can see a hill on the landward side of the runway, but not the seaward side. I tried to remove it with ExcludeBuilderV2, but was not successful.ThanksChris

Exactly which airport are you speaking about?I took a look at TNCA - and find nothing like that on my FS2004 default setup.Am I looking at the wrong airport perhaps?

Exactly which airport are you speaking about?I took a look at TNCA - and find nothing like that on my FS2004 default setup.Am I looking at the wrong airport perhaps?
"Vely Intelesting" as Arte Johnson might say. Yes, Dave. the airport is Reina Beatrix in Aruba. Seeing that this hill appears in both my default and addon scenery by Sabino Yacabone, I've got to assume from your reply that I've got a corrupted scenery file somewhere that is affecting this airport. Like trying to find the perverbial needle in a haystack.

"Vely Intelesting" as Arte Johnson might say. Yes, Dave. the airport is Reina Beatrix in Aruba. Seeing that this hill appears in both my default and addon scenery by Sabino Yacabone, I've got to assume from your reply that I've got a corrupted scenery file somewhere that is affecting this airport. Like trying to find the perverbial needle in a haystack.
Just for kicks I downloaded that Sabino Yacobone scenery package and installed it. Still no "hill" on my setup such as you see.Almost without a doubt you have a rogue bgl somewhere (could be an enhancement hundreds or even thousands of miles away) which is causing what you see.Good Hunting!

OK Dave. I eliminated it by creating a Flatten. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. Your reply got me to thinking. :( Thanks :(

OK Dave. I eliminated it by creating a Flatten. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. Your reply got me to thinking. :( Thanks :(
Well you may have fixed the symptom but not the cause - but if it works, who can argue! :(