Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

NVIDIA Drivers

Guest dlamb

My Videao Card is a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 and driver Version 3.0.8.2 Is it safe to downlaod and install the most recent driver Detonator Version 44.03 released 14 May 2003? Have any problems been experienced with this new version running FS2002?dbl

Guest Gordius

I am sure that you will get plenty of responses but for what it's worth I tend to work on the premise of "if it works don't touch it". That is to say unless you have a graphics problem it may be better not to bother going for a newer set of drivers although I can understand your way of thinking. :-wave

I upgraded from 30.82 to 43.51 on my Ti4200 and been very happy.Others have reported good results with the 44.03 drivers..You can always go back if you do not see any improvements.

Bert

I also have a TI4200 (128mb) and the 44.03 drivers.They are the best drivers I have! They're fast and with the best image quality yet from Nvidea. Just try and use it. You can allways go back. If you decide to try them, then test them whith best image quality setting, and intellisample set to quality, lauch FS and see the diference ;)

Guest dlamb

Thanks to all for the fast responce to my query. I will give it a try.dbl

Guest ucanfly

I have tried 44.03, 43.51 and 30.82. 30.82 is only one that works with my F18 game as far as AA without extreme slowdown probs. Quality of AA is best with 30.82, but my IL2 game seems to work better with 44.03. I am using Win 98SE and Directx8.1 though.

I use the Omega 44.03 , and they work exellent.Do not know if they ate very different from the original 44.03.Gainward TI4800 SE . No anisophic, 2X aa , texture sharpening and 1600x1200x32 (has tone set manually in fs2002.cfg)Set Lod to -3 (Rivatuner)Tried also the latest 44.90, they also work fairly wellNorvald Olsvold

Guest Fortress

>I upgraded from 30.82 to 43.51 on my Ti4200 and been very>happy.>>Others have reported good results with the 44.03 drivers..>>You can always go back if you do not see any improvements.I actually did the same but in a different order: went from 30.82 to 44.03 which although improved the quality I had stutters and lag galore some games (eg. BF1942, MOHAA etc... strangely FS2K2 was OK though), then moved "backwards" to 43.51 which for me at least are outstanding... stability, quality, and fluidity! :7Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]