Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Not another FSX thread.......

Thanks guy's, I never said graphics are not important. As a kid I used to fly a 747 sim (wish I could remember the name) I used to stare at the Box wishing one day the graphics could look as good as the front cover. Like I said I own FSX so I know the graphics are better but it's not that big a deal to me. You should take a look at some of the Level D sims still out there, mountains that look like big triangles, FS98 type graphics.My original question was are there any non eye candy advantages to using the FSX version, it looks like the answer is no. So ok here's a Graphics question, what about the Virtual cockpit refresh rate & clarity of the DEU's? My TrackIR broke about a month ago, I have always flown VC with TrackIR but have now been drawn to the 2D cockpit. I will return to VC when I get a new TrackIR but it's made me realize how poor the VC quality is compared to 2D. All graphics settings are maxed in sim and on the GPU, the sim is smooth as silk and the VC refresh rate is Maxed but it is still very jerky. ( I don't have this issue with the 744)Is it the same with FSX?

Rob Prest

The VC 2D gauges refresh rate is better in FSX. In FS9 there is a limitation that causes low gauges refresh rate in complex VC's, although some developers were able to get around it. There's no such limit in FSX. Most developers make 3D gauges nowadays, so they work as smooth as it could be.As for the textures and gauges clarity, FSX allows higher resolution displays and textures, but developers have to make them. Fortunately, they usually do.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

A very good question and I really wish that information from these kind of threads would be pinned up as an FAQ item somewhere."Under the hood" reasons for me to transition to FSX listed below. Most of these simply can't be achieved in FS9.- all that Ryan said- better atmospheric modelling and the Earth is round (you CAN see it from higher flight levels!)- ground and water AI traffic (the latter is great especially during ocean crossings)- Ultimate Traffic 2 and the way it can inject traffic, modify it in real time and most importantly, traffic follows real world routes!- better performing VC:s. The instrument resolutions and refresh rates apper to be significantly better- anyone seen visual icing effects like the ones in the Lotus L-39 or F1 Mustang in FS9?- runway visual effects during rain- most importantly, loads of enhancements in the SDK, which to my understanding SIGNIFICANTLY ease developer's work, eliminating "bubblegum and duct tape" -type workarounds and giving new possibilities for system simulation <- well, just look at everything that's available for FSX now..How many of the above can be considered "eye candy" ? Well that's up to the individual to decide. Sure, I would have preferred a better weather system instead of elephants but there still are loads of other things under the hood that we got.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

XP64 (downgrading from Vista64 Ult),
Uhh, you mean upgrading to Xp-64 Dan. :(

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Uhh, you mean upgrading to Xp-64 Dan. :(
(((cough cough))) umm yeah, of course that's what I meant :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier