Sign in to follow this  
ega

DBS Studio Airport GPS

Any takers of the just released DBS Studio Airport GPS for FSX?Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Any takers of the just released DBS Studio Airport GPS for FSX?Edmundo
No, seems a bit overpriced to me... You can get airplanes for that kind of money. And there are freeware alternatives that almost do the same. This could have been freeware too.

Will not buy from them anymore after my hassles with their Walk & Follow activation scheme.

HelloI use this gauge by Holger MaasWorks well and is freeFilename: apchart.zipLicense: Freeware, limited distributionAdded: 31st March 2008Downloads: 9806Author: Holger MaassSize: 5729kb

I bought this as I use Radar Contact and really miss progressive taxi.You just choose your runway or parking and it will guide you there.Haven't played with it much yet but it seems very useful.Activation is not the easiest I've come across but understandable given the copying that goes on.

I hope more people try this because AP Chart is a pain in the butt to use and the developer is nowhere to be found. I've been looking for an alternative since I use Radar Contact and can't always use progressive taxi.

10290.jpg

generate-signature-new-2.php?login=USA1205

I hope more people try this because AP Chart is a pain in the butt to use and the developer is nowhere to be found. I've been looking for an alternative since I use Radar Contact and can't always use progressive taxi.
The answer for me was to be "FollowMe" by Daniel van Os. The currently issued version relies on the FS ATC's progressive taxi computation (but with the car instead of the magenta arrows / lines). But he did produce a version for RC which computed its own route, quite well, and had an interface ready to integrate with RC version 5, as and when. Meanwhile it could be driven via its own gate / runway selection menus.This new version, "FollowMe 2" progressed as far as Beta and I've been using it for over a year -- but it just expired on Jan 1st. I've been trying to get hold of Daniel since. I had hoped it would have progressed to a proper release by now, but I think Daniel must be very busy with "real work".I did try with AP Chart for a while, trying to make it work well from cockpit controls, but it turned out just too finicky to operate, and as you say, the author seems to have given up on it. A decent alternative, if you have a spare monitor, is the Aerosoft Flight Keeper package, which does provide decent airport mapping with your position and AI Traffic positions marked, with options for gate labels, taxiway labels and so on. I know several folks using it with Radar Contact. You do really need it on a networked PC though.Finally, for major add-on airports there is, of course, the Follow Me service provided by AES (also from Aerosoft). That's very good, but can work out expensive for a lot of airport coverage, and of course doesn't deal with any default airports.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I didnt have a problem using AP chart but it turned out to be a resource hog on my box. Now i just zoom in on the map with Flight Sim Commander as it reads addon AFCADs also.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png