Sign in to follow this  
Guest Whitehawk

Vulcan FSX

Guest Whitehawk

Re Vulcan FSX Hi- This is my first time using this forum- cheersJust got some questions- 'How do I raise the set in virtual cockpit?', 'How to I deploy the parachute on landing (if at all)?' and 'Does anyone know where I may view all the keys for the vulcan?'.Is there any software for recording ones flights? Can i get Tornado, Concorde or Eurofighter for Vista (or any other fighter)- can anyone recommened any add-ons?Many thanksNick

Assuming you are talking about the Iris Vulcan - because you are not specific we have no idea whether you might be talking about something else - then I have to tell you there is a darn fine manual included with the product and UNLESS YOU READ IT YOU WILL NOT GET THE PLANE OFF THE GROUND.Come back with any questions after you've actually read, digested and implemented the manual.

Guest Whitehawk
Assuming you are talking about the Iris Vulcan - because you are not specific we have no idea whether you might be talking about something else - then I have to tell you there is a darn fine manual included with the product and UNLESS YOU READ IT YOU WILL NOT GET THE PLANE OFF THE GROUND.Come back with any questions after you've actually read, digested and implemented the manual.
Err no Just Flight (i think)- by the way i hope everyone is as tolerant as Snave- thanks mate

'How do I raise the set in virtual cockpit?'
The same as every other aircraft in FSX...Ctrl-QCtrl-Shift-QNote that you must hold for at least a second before movement will occur.Recording video clips? FRAPSRecording flight for playback in FSX? FSRecorder

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Whitehawk
The same as every other aircraft in FSX...Ctrl-QCtrl-Shift-QNote that you must hold for at least a second before movement will occur.Recording video clips? FRAPSRecording flight for playback in FSX? FSRecorder
you're a knight of the forum sir! Does anyone know if I can just buy the Iris Vucan and it'll work with plain old FSX (with extra SPs)?

Or.......he can come back anytime he wants to seek help from his new friends in the flight sim community. Yea, let's go that route.

Or.......he can come back anytime he wants to seek help from his new friends in the flight sim community. Yea, let's go that route.
And your reply benefitted the OP how, exactly? At least I provided an answer, not a waste of everbodys time and forums space. And to answer the other question, when rightseater won't or can't:The IRIS Vulcan is expressly a FSX product. The Just Flight Vulcan was originally the PSS Vulcan, originally for FS2002, later adpated for FS2004. It expressly states in the manual that certiain things that worked in FS2004 DON'T work in FSX. But as I don't have it installed I referred you to it explicitly with good reason (the manual expressly recommends one is familiar with default sim commands, which our OP is clearly not). And the FAQ of the Just Flight site because there are topics for the Vulcan mentioned there where one will find the answers.Any other questions, I'm sure we can leave rightseater to answer for you. Expressly.

And your reply benefitted the OP how, exactly? At least I provided an answer, not a waste of everbodys time and forums space. And to answer the other question, when rightseater won't or can't:The IRIS Vulcan is expressly a FSX product. The Just Flight Vulcan was originally the PSS Vulcan, originally for FS2002, later adpated for FS2004. It expressly states in the manual that certiain things that worked in FS2004 DON'T work in FSX. But as I don't have it installed I referred you to it explicitly with good reason (the manual expressly recommends one is familiar with default sim commands, which our OP is clearly not). And the FAQ of the Just Flight site because there are topics for the Vulcan mentioned there where one will find the answers.Any other questions, I'm sure we can leave rightseater to answer for you.
I'm going to benefit the OP and everyone else right now. Goodbye snave.

Guest Whitehawk

That was actually 'raise the seat' not 'raise the set'Ctrl-QCtrl-Shift-Qjust looks up and down- any ideasPS thanks MODS

In the FSX Help Menu is a complete list of Keyboard Assignments , many can be reassigned, for simple panning around in the VC i hold the spacebar and move the mouse .Hope this helps , C.J

That was actually 'raise the seat' not 'raise the set'Ctrl-QCtrl-Shift-Qjust looks up and down- any ideasPS thanks MODS
..and I'm just going to add a "Welcome to the Avsim Forums, WhiteHawk!".. and thanks Rightseater.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.