Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

CS BUFF

Guest hmstiger

Was disapointed to see that the Captain Sim B52 is going to be, at least to start, exterior only. Does anyone know if they will be adding a cockpit to this bird? Is this another example of vendors trying to sell incomplete projects with promises of upgrades to come? Not very exciting to be flying around in a gorgeous exterior model with the very poor FSX 747 cockpit (dates back to fs9 or even earlier) as your "office."Colin WareLas Vegas

I smell the CaptainSim blocks purchase model again...I thought they had realized that was a bad idea...Oh well...External model with a default 747 VC and sounds...Who is going to buy this?Andrew

Guest bjablonka

Next time wings and landing gears are extra for $19.95.Bernd

Next time wings and landing gears are extra for $19.95.Bernd
And you'll have to pay for fuel... :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

So a four engined passenger liner glass-cockpit for a dial-gauge steam-driven eight engine bomber? Yes, that makes so much sense.No matter the externals, I fly in the sim from the cockpit and CS make for terrible AI. So it's of no use to me whatsoever. :( I'll pass until/unless they finish it... ...then wait for the price to drop in the inevitable fire sale because these Blocks are truly a terrible idea and they must learn from fiscal experience to meet the simmers needs, not lazily throw out half-finished drivel and expect to get paid for it. No amount of posts seem to affect these people, so they have to be hit in the wallet, the only thing that will bring them to their senses. :(

Guest bjablonka

Fully agree, no purchase from here.Bernd

It's too bad the few talented people over at CS don't quit and work for a developer who's, you know.... good. -Alex

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Same here.....Do you go out to you local airport and buy a new/used cessna with no seats,no instruments, no yoke, no rudder peddls?no purchase here.

I'm no more inclined to buy an exterior model without a cockpit than anyone else here, but, wow, that's an impressive looking model.

Guest Airbuscn91
External model with a default 747 VC and sounds...Who is going to buy this?Andrew
What next, a Captain Sim 787 external model aliased with a default FSX 737-800 cockpit and engine noises that just sound like the wind passing through a fan? :(

They're not the first who had/have this idea. Alphasim is doing it with the C-17 and so is Iris with the C-27J. And, to top it all, the C-27J was bought off of Turbosquid for 200 bucks... Imagine the amount of work they put into it... (not much)Yes, I am a dev/supplier. I will not sanction selling parts of a plane to clients under any circumstances. It's unethical.kc.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I agree with the others. I'm not interested in an external only. I don't require that the sim have everything exactly like the real thing, but I do want it fairly representative. This includes the front office. By this I mean the panel doesn't have to be exact in every way, but it should be recognizable for the type aircraft. When I'm in a Bell 406, or a Lear, or a 747, I want to be able to tell thats what I'm flying, whether I know it by experience or by photos from sources such as Airliners.com. I think I'll pass this one up.GW

Guest Coneman

Yes, but will it have an FMC. :(

Guest Airbuscn91
Yes, but will it have an FMC. :(
I can probably understand why they've decided to defer the interior on initial release. As the B52 is a military aircraft, the interior would have to take more time to develop due to the large size of the aircraft and also due to the avionics (some are even top secret, so Captain Sim would either have to take assumptions to model it, substitute it or leave it INOP).