Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

CS BUFF

I can probably understand why they've decided to defer the interior on initial release. As the B52 is a military aircraft, the interior would have to take more time to develop due to the large size of the aircraft and also due to the avionics (some are even top secret, so Captain Sim would either have to take assumptions to model it, substitute it or leave it INOP).
As well, it takes 4 people to fly and operate the "real" thing so just imagine how much coding that's going to take.... yikes...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Yes, but will it have an FMC. :(
Yeah, it'll be as reliable as their 757's...:( Mooooooving right along.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Yeah, it'll be as reliable as their 757's...:( Mooooooving right along.
Yes... good idea... you should do that....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Yes... good idea... you should do that....
//lol, nevermind.Thanks for the advice Mr. Colin.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

airplane for only Screenshoots makers LOL CaptainSim what are you thninking?:9

The Captain Sim webpage for the product clearly says "Exterior only" and "- VC, 2D panels, sounds alias default FSX B747". Personally I'm not interested, but I fail to see any problem with this. I suspect that there are quite a few simmers out there that will be content with flying the B52 exterior model without having to learn anything new first.Looks like PMDG is doing something similar with their 747-800, by the way: An exterior model only, aliasing their 747-400.

I'm very disappointed in Captain Sim.I was looking forward to a quality B-52 for FSX.I sent them an E-Mail and told them so.Lot of good that will do?

...Looks like PMDG is doing something similar with their 747-800, by the way: An exterior model only, aliasing their 747-400.
I believe Ryan from PMDG has explicitly stated that those YouTube videos floating around of the supposed PMDG 747-800 are not made by anyone associated with PMDG and those rumors are absolutely false.

Eric Szczesniak

I believe Ryan from PMDG has explicitly stated that those YouTube videos floating around of the supposed PMDG 747-800 are not made by anyone associated with PMDG and those rumors are absolutely false.
You should visit their forum :(

You should visit their forum :(
I have and buried among the hundreds of threads talking about it from people who have no collection to PMDG is where I found Ryan's response.EDIT: Nevermind, I see a new post stating it's for real now. Last visit was last night, so I hadn't seen that yet.

Eric Szczesniak

I'd pay extra if my payware planes would come WITHOUT an exteriour (saves SSD-space and resources), so... no, thank you. I never ever leave the VC so I'd never buy something like this.

Guest hmstiger
The Captain Sim webpage for the product clearly says "Exterior only" and "- VC, 2D panels, sounds alias default FSX B747". Personally I'm not interested, but I fail to see any problem with this. I suspect that there are quite a few simmers out there that will be content with flying the B52 exterior model without having to learn anything new first.Looks like PMDG is doing something similar with their 747-800, by the way: An exterior model only, aliasing their 747-400.
Yes, except the 747-400 cockpit being aliased is a fully working PMDG 400 cockpit, not the bare-bones default.