Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Changes to panel.cfg

Just bought a 16:10 monitor. Most add-ons have 4:3 panels. What I would llike to do is to have the ability to manually slide the panel up or down (with correct proportions) but not sideways. Meaning, I would like to unlock the height but keep the width fixed ie. full width...To better explain...when the monitor is initially loaded I want the top or the bottom (or parts thereof) not showing...Hope this makes sense...Is it possible to do this ? I run into issues with payware panels. The default models are easily resizeable.Thanks for any tips...

Here is what I have so far :Payware 727-200 (not Flight1) for FS9Default Window 00 had :background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1024,768window_size_ratio=1.00position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELrender_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000Changed : render_3d_window=1 to render_3d_window=0Added at bottom : pixel_size=1920,1440This loads up the full 4:3 panel with correct proportions in full 1920 width with the bottom 240 rows of pixels invisible ( it is a 1920x1200 monitor).I have found a small hotspot that allows me to move the panel (not the main view window) up and down. This is a great. Problem is that there is only a small hotspot that allows me to do this. Took a lot of trial and error. Does anybody know how to find and possibly edit this sweet spot ?Here are a couple of shots to illustrate this...Any help is appreciated....

Here is some more good news...this way of showing the screen actually improves frame rates:I am now seeing better performance showing 2304000 pixels (1920x1200) than when using my old monitor showing 1470000 pixels (1400x1050)...Initially I lost about 10 % of performance (red line) with all gauges showing - distorted.Now with no distorted gauges (pink line) I actually get better frame rates while showing 37% more pixels - probably on account of not having to compute and display all those gauge positions.Thanks for reading...