Sign in to follow this  
Bera

FS9 Major problem with 2 displays (fullscreen mode)

Hi!I did a small system upgrade and got Nvidia GTS 250 card to replace Ati Radeon 4670.Now everything runs exactly as I expected as long I do following.- Load Pmdg M11 at a dense airport in full screen mode all setting maxed with single monitor, FPS stable at 50 (locked)- Go to Windoved mode and move overhead panel into monitor 2 and back to fullscreen mode again, FPS between 15-20 regardless of the locationI have latest Nvidia driver and Nhancer configured as should. System specs are:Asus P5QIntel core 2 E8400ASUS GTS250 DK PCIE 512MB DVI/VGA/HDMI2*1 Mbit RAMWindows Xp (SP3) 32-bitAs said system is stable, when benchmarking results are on the numbers. FS never crashes.So problem is only when trying to run 2 displays in full screen mode - any ideas what might be wrong? \\ Perttu

Try exiting and re-entering full screen mode once more and see if your FPS comes back up. Also note your FPS during windowed mode.

Try exiting and re-entering full screen mode once more and see if your FPS comes back up. Also note your FPS during windowed mode.
Yeah, running in 2 windowed mode will greatly improve your FPS. If that's the direction you end up taking, also make sure that no part of either window, even a fraction of a millimeter, crosses over on to the next monitor. You will lose FPS that way too.

Yeah, running in 2 windowed mode will greatly improve your FPS. If that's the direction you end up taking, also make sure that no part of either window, even a fraction of a millimeter, crosses over on to the next monitor. You will lose FPS that way too.
Yes, correct, but Chuck refers to a VIEW not overlapping or touching. A popup sub panel can overlap monitors with no penalty. Big popups such as Overhead Panel can burn up frames, smaller size popups seem to have no effect on FPS.With triple monitors/triple views, Full Screen simply does not work on my system. I Auto hide Menu and Task bars, change the colour of Title bars to black with dark green lettering and change Desktop colour to Black. The resulting Windowed display is hard to distinguish from Full Screen.Alex Reid

Thank you for the replies.Problem solved with 190.38 drivers. \\ Perttu