Sign in to follow this  
Dietmar

US Flag Scenery Object

Dear All,I am looking for a US flag scenery object for FSX (FS9 my be OK also). Animated or not animated. Rotating according to wind direction would be wonderful. I searched the forum, however did not found really a object ready to use into a scenery XML . Thanks. Dietmar

Dear All,I am looking for a US flag scenery object for FSX (FS9 my be OK also). Animated or not animated. Rotating according to wind direction would be wonderful. I searched the forum, however did not found really a object ready to use into a scenery XML . Thanks.Dietmar
The only one that I am aware of is in one of the EZ Objects libraries by Lou Frost. Do a serach using his name.

Thanks David,but I am looking for a freeware public object and which should not be part of another product .Seems I have to do my own development. Let's see, may be someone else will show up with a link or .....Dietmar

Guest LCSims

I'm missing something here? You're looking for a placeable USA flag and there is one available? The only restrictions on it's usage is that it not be contained in a payware package. It's not animated, but there are versions of Lou Frost's flags that are set to rotate to the wind. And he's included a flag pole and there are flag base objects to go with it.Is that not what you're looking for?

Guest LCSims

The assorted files are listed in the Avsim file library, search the FS2004 section using Lou Frost as the author. The tweaked flags require the initial flag packages for the textures.If any of the downloads are bad, because of the crash of 2009 let me know.

Hi Guys,GREAT ! I have the flags working in FSX. Here the story :The file is "flags_of_australia.zip . However, you need a scond file because the texture of the flagpoles ar missing. The file is:"missing_flag_textures.zip".The problem for FSX is you need the old bglcomp.exe compiler to generate the object.bgl. Secondly you have to make sure using as well the FS9 XMLsyntax. After that it works perfect. In order to get the US flag you can just exchange the texture, so you get the stars and stripes. Here the pic as a demo below. Thanks again very much for the help.Dietmar