Sign in to follow this  
Guest gauramohana

Repainting Problem

Hi GauraWhen you are saving the files what format are you saving the flattened file in, it should be DDS DXT5 format, as for the oversize logo

Guest gauramohana

yep im saving as DDS SXT5 from dxtBMPwhat are alpha layers?btw this is how the exact same planes .dds looks in dxTMBP50886547.png

Hi GauraIf you open an original PMDG paint scheme with Dxtbmp then you will see in the box at the top right hand side the Alpha Layer that is a part of the repaint (see Pic), if you then click on the Alpha>Export Alpha Channel tab on the top toolbar, you can save a copy of it to a location of your choice and use that in your repaint by again opening your repaint it in Dxtbmp and selecting Alpha>Import Alpha Channel and selecting the Alpha channel that you had previously

Guest gauramohana

i added the alpha layer to all the files (from the AF repaint) and it still looks blurry.any idea why it might be blurry?btw hodge001 thanks for your help. maybe you can PM me your email address, and we then i can contact you there :)

The blurry doesn't look like an alpha issue but does look like you may be either not flattening as Jim stated or saving with mipmaps.Try to save your fuse left and right exactly like this (of course you do have the photoshop nVidia .dds pluging I'm assuming).Fine looking paint by the way!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I was having the same problem. What seemed to solve it is to uncheck the "Include when saving" option for the MipMaps in DXTBmp

You know Dan I completely forgot about the mip maps, good call.Jim Hodkinson
Thanks Jim, let's see if it helps :)Great description of the Alpha layer by the way. When doing my paint tutorial I had the toughest time explaining it. It's hard to explain since the Alpha channel is used slightly different in FSX and FS9, and of course didn't want to over explain it, but looking over your short yet well defined explanation already makes me want to re-write mine, hehe :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I know what you mean about trying to make an explanation of something as easy as possible, as a former mechanical design engineer I had to compile product manuals for all the equipment I designed, and as these would not necessarily be used by other mechanical engineers we had to use what for the want of a better word we called shop floor language, which levelled the playing field.Plus I also remember a quote by my design hero R.J.Mitchell, who was describing to first test pilot of the Spitfire Jeffrey Quill (who really had no time for designers) why certain aspects of the design were done and what was achieved by doing it that way, when he had finished he said to Quill something along the lines of

Guest gauramohana

i tried turning up my Global Texture resolution (it was at medium) to Fullnow the airplane shows up perfectly, but now im getting around 5-6 FPS in Aerosoft Berlin Tegel X (thats where i fly from)is there any way to show the airplane properly without changing the global Texture resolution? please note that the stock PMDG repaints, and the ones available on its website show up just fine even on medium, while mine DOESNT!

Hi GauraThat seems a little odd, could you check the file sizes of your textures against the file sizes of the PMDG textures, you should when looking at the file sizes in windows explorer get 1,025kb for the fuselage left and right textures, wings and externals, I only ask as without having the texture that you have made I cant determine how they were saved, and checking the file sizes may give me a rough idea as to either the method or the possible problem.Jim Hodkinson

Guest gauramohana

fuse left and right are 1.33 MB (13,98,256 bytes) in size, btw i did send all of them in a zip by email

Just in case it helps here's how I managed to generate my .bmp files.1.- Download the NVidia DDS pluggin here http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photosh....html#downloads(Thanks Dan, that was great help :))2.- Once you have your .psd file ready with all the layers and stuff, you need to flatten it in a single layer using the option "Flatten Image" under the menu option "Layer"dibujomi.jpg2.- Save the flattened .psd file as .DDS:dibujo2g.jpg3.- If you have NVidia's pluggin in installed, this window will show up then (make sure you select this same options as suggested by Dan):Format: DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alphaand No Mip Mapsdibujo3lr.jpgPress save and a .dds texture will be stored.4.- Open the .dds file with DXTBmp and save it as an extended bitmap, but make sure you deselect MipMap options:dibujo4is.jpg5.- save it as "Extended 32 bit 888-8"dibujo5i.jpgAnd that's it, hope that helps