Sign in to follow this  
Guest gauramohana

Repainting Problem

Guest gauramohana

first i tried installing the nvidia dds plugin , but it didnt work. the manuals came in my start menu, but the dds option NEVER showed up in photoshop. i tried re-installing as admin and everything, and i finally gave up, and just used dxtBMP (which i must say is pretty good)but still is there any way to lower the global texture resolution in fsx and still see the plane properly? (just put this again so we still figure it out)

Then that has to be the problem. I tried saving the bmp with DxtBMP without the pluggin just to test it, and the textures became blurry again.If other planes work well with your previous FS settings and yours doesn't, it has to be your textures are faulty.I would try to find a way to install NVidias' pluggin.What's your OS and did the installer show any error message?Maybe you coul try searching for a different site to download it, a different version, I don't know

first i tried installing the nvidia dds plugin , but it didnt work. the manuals came in my start menu, but the dds option NEVER showed up in photoshop. i tried re-installing as admin and everything, and i finally gave up, and just used dxtBMP (which i must say is pretty good)but still is there any way to lower the global texture resolution in fsx and still see the plane properly? (just put this again so we still figure it out)

You won't see the nVidia plug-in box pop up until you have chosen .dds as your file type from the save as menu.If your comparing your paint to PMDG's "Defaults" that ship with it, then the textures are far less "busy" as yours are (great looking but more going on). I don't ever lower me setting on global. You can also email me your files and I'll have a peak as well. I'll toss you a pm with my email just in case.Dxtbmp is cool for what it does, but it will not save your Alpha (mentioned by Jim earlier). You will have better results using Imagetool.On your FSX #1 cd (Deluxe version only) there is an SDK, install it and use Imagetool. It is basically what DXTBmp is imitating but again, will not see your Alpha when working with .psd files and many others actually.Edit: Also, you are first closing down photoshop b4 installing the plug-in correct? :(Edit#2: You need to install this also if you didn't earlier with Dario's link. Threre may have been some confusion.http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_utilities_legacy.html

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi GauraI have been trying to download the paint scheme from the site you uploaded it to, but so far all I get is

I must learn to type faster, all these replies were not here when I started typing.
:( Haha, yeah I know, I only type with one finger per hand, although the speed has gotten better, my spelling sometimes takes a hit ;-)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

On a good day I can actually use one finger from each hand, but I have to rely heavily on spell check if I do.Gaura Is it possible for you to upload the file to another site, as I have been trying for some time to download the texture files without successJim HodkinsonYou have no idea how many words I got wrong in this message, and I

Guest gauramohana

its gettting a lil late here (midnight) so ill just send the link to Turbine777, and reply to the other posts tomorrow morning :)btw hodge001, you can just retry soon, slots should be freebtw thanks everybody especcial hodge001 and Turbine777

Gaura Not a problem, get your rest maybe things will be sorted out by the time you awaken.Take care.Jim Hodkinson

Hi GauraI eventually downloaded the files and have reworked them, you should by now have received an E-Mail with an attachment (all 822KB of it) that containes the three main textures for the left and right hand sides, and the tail surfaces, and a very brief description of the process I used.If your E-Mail set up or security has a problem with attachments just let me know and I will upload them to a hosting site that I use for my repaints and send you the link for them.Let us know how you get on with the textures, but I really think that unless you can get the NVIDIA plug in to install you could be facing a difficult if not impossible task when repainting not only PMDG

Guest gauramohana

okay. thank you so much. ill try to get the nvudia plugin to work.in the nean time, im trying to get a idea for my next repaint, but i dont want something too easy like Finnair (white body/logo on tail/blue engines) or too hard lik e Quantas Wunuala. any ideas?