Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Flight Replicas Super Cub

Flight Replicas has released a really nice Super Cub for FSX Acceleration: http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htmThere are several different versions available - you can get them all for USD 39.95, or in smaller packages of selected models starting at USD 8.95. I bought the complete package yesterday (knowing I'd kick myself later if I didn't), and I must say they both look good and fly well. The only downside is that I now have many more Super Cubs than I will ever have time to fly.One catch, these require Acceleration (or FSX Gold), SP2 is not enough.

How accurate is the flight model? I tried the Flight Replicas J-3 Cub, which had some nice features, but I could never get it to stall - it'd just mush along with its nose up. I finally went back to the default Cub with Alexander Metzger's revised airfile, which kept me 'til the A2A Cub came out and changed the game.The A2A Cub has spoiled me for most payware... but I'm happy to try the Super Cub package if it's closer to being accurate than their J-3 was.What do you think - near miss, or worth a shot?Alan

How accurate is the flight model? I tried the Flight Replicas J-3 Cub, which had some nice features, but I could never get it to stall - it'd just mush along with its nose up. I finally went back to the default Cub with Alexander Metzger's revised airfile, which kept me 'til the A2A Cub came out and changed the game.The A2A Cub has spoiled me for most payware... but I'm happy to try the Super Cub package if it's closer to being accurate than their J-3 was.What do you think - near miss, or worth a shot?Alan
Very Nice package, i have the full, lot of models, nice exterior, very nice VC, the thundra wheel version is top notch, you can slow downs on top of the water.

How accurate is the flight model? I tried the Flight Replicas J-3 Cub, which had some nice features, but I could never get it to stall - it'd just mush along with its nose up.
Hard to say, I'm not a real-world Super Cub pilot (or any kind of pilot, for that matter). It is difficult to get it to stall, but I did manage it a couple of times with enough load in the back. The overall flight model seems believable to me.The A2A is a tough act to follow for any light GA aircraft. What I particularly like about the Flight Replicas Super Cub is the variation - the complete package has 18 aircraft and each one is different from the other in some way, with 5 different types of engines, floats, amphibious, skis, and various wheel versions. The panels in each aircraft are different, too, from very basic instruments to full-fledged IFR panels. The panel in one of the models has been prepared for easy installation of third-party gauges (such as those from Reality XP), and many of the models can be fitted with a ventral pod for baggage or extra fuel via a clickspot in the VC. And if you like company when flying, the oldest version comes with an (optional) attractive female passenger in the back seat.And the Super Cub does have a few advantages over the basic Cub, such as a front seat for the pilot, bigger engines and large flaps that can get you into some very tight spots.The manual is available pre-purchase from the Flight Replicas website, by the way.

According to Mike who did these the only thing that doesn't work without Accell is the door click spot , the keyboard shortcut works fine for affecting ones virtual egress with SP2
Can the acceleration add-on be loaded over the SP2 patch without screwing things up with other addons, etc? I never thought a prior release of software would have features not available in later system releases. I would have purchased and installed the package. (Very late to the FSX party).Thank you,Jeff

Thanks - sounds like it might be worth a try. Will check it out.Alan