Sign in to follow this  

FS 2004 and the Kiosk Mode?

I am very curious what MS means when they say that 2004 will have a kiosk mode. I know what a kiosk mode is but not exactly how 2004 will approach it. For example, the old ATP sim gave you the ability to select a starting point and a destination and then it would fly the flight automatically with you as the passenger. I used this mode during a demo once and just let folks walk by and watch. Is this what 2004 will do or are they talking about recording a video and playing it back? Does anyone out there with a Beta have some better skinny on this mode? Thanks.ThePikes

Hi,I have heard that Kiosk mode lets you run a selection of Flights, but only for 4 minutes - then they stop. It is not a passenger or demo mode - you have to fly the planes.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks for the response Tom. So it's more of a "see what it feels like" mode rather than having it demonstrated for you approach. I still liked the ATP approach somewhat. You have a great website! I've been there often, and to see the screenshots of the "heavy iron" takes me back to my younger years when I crossed the ocean several times on a C-118, Connie and a Stratocruiser. I have memories of the red-tailed Northwest Electras flying me from Minneapolis to Seattle, and my favorite, an Eastern Convair twin-banger going from Louisville to Midway, but not before a bunch of Air Scouts (who happened to be passengers) helped the co-pilot fix his radios before we could take off! Now if I could only make a decent landing in your bangers...As we say at work, have a great Navy day. Larry