Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcogan

No PMDG Menu and Dark Cockpit

Guest bcogan

Looked at previous posts and tried suggested fixes but no luck. I have the dreaded dark cockpit. Also I do not see the PMDG menu or any addon menu for that matter. No problems with the install and no verification error. I have a disc not a download. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.HELP!!!Bruce Cogan

Looked at previous posts and tried suggested fixes but no luck. I have the dreaded dark cockpit. Also I do not see the PMDG menu or any addon menu for that matter. No problems with the install and no verification error. I have a disc not a download. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.HELP!!!Bruce Cogan
Hi Bruce, The only thing I can think of outside of possible securities on the comp preventing it (vista nanny and win7, firewall, anti-virus, etc...). Would be system specific so would need some more info.1. Did you say yes to the .dll's when running FSX the first time? (If this is FSX that is).2. Did you manually delete any left over folders after uninstall?3. Did you install in the Program files (x86) directory. Not wise, FS and addons are better off on their own drive or at the very least not in the X86 folder.4. What verions of windows? What version FS?5. Did you get the prompts to install the C++ runtimes after install? And did you?6. Most important: Have you checked your Application Event Logs after the crash to see what it said?7. when listing crashes or issues you may want to include more info regarding your system and software. It's why a lot of people right it in their signature like mine. It's not for bragging purposes, but really so it doesn't have to be repeated and people can see what's under your hood to better help resolve your issues.I would also shoot an email to PMDG support if you haven't already done that to at least get the ball moving.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest bcogan

Thanks Turbine 777, I did shoot an email to PMDG but figured thus was a good place too.1. I am running FSX with SP1,SP2 and Acceleartion. As far as saying yes to dll's do you mean the first time I ever ran FSX or after installing the 747? After installing the 747 I did not get this prompt.2. No, good idea will try it again.3. I have it installed on my D: drive under Program Files. I do have other programs in this directory including FS2004.4. Windows XP SP2 FSX with SP1,SP@ and Acceleration5. No prompts to install C++ runtimes when installing 747. Not sure about when installing FSX but I probably agreed6. Not sure where to find these files Sorry7. Intel Corel 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 300GhZ 3.00 GHZ 3.25 GB of ram Nvidia 8800 GTAnything unique about not having an addon menu appear? I don't recall seeing that in the problems others are having.I do have the FSX load manager program and it seems to connect to the simulation.Thanks for the help.Bruce

Hi Bruce, The only thing I can think of outside of possible securities on the comp preventing it (vista nanny and win7, firewall, anti-virus, etc...). Would be system specific so would need some more info.1. Did you say yes to the .dll's when running FSX the first time? (If this is FSX that is).2. Did you manually delete any left over folders after uninstall?3. Did you install in the Program files (x86) directory. Not wise, FS and addons are better off on their own drive or at the very least not in the X86 folder.4. What verions of windows? What version FS?5. Did you get the prompts to install the C++ runtimes after install? And did you?6. Most important: Have you checked your Application Event Logs after the crash to see what it said?7. when listing crashes or issues you may want to include more info regarding your system and software. It's why a lot of people right it in their signature like mine. It's not for bragging purposes, but really so it doesn't have to be repeated and people can see what's under your hood to better help resolve your issues.I would also shoot an email to PMDG support if you haven't already done that to at least get the ball moving.

Heya Bruce, Answer #5 is probably the issue. But which XP? XP64? After installing the Queen and starting FSX, you should have gotten a prompt for PMDG options.dll I believe (can't remember exactly), but after seleceting the 747 you should have also had many choices for various .dll's to agree to. Uninstall the PMDG(s) Then I would download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 Redistributable. These links are for 64 bit.Then reinstall. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be promted for the .dll's. No settings that I know of would prevent it. Try the above and a full removal including remaining folders then reinstall of the PMDG's and see where your at.Let me know,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

A 64b OS needs both 32 & 64b runtime libraries.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest bcogan

It's 32 bit not 64 bit Windows XP

Guest bcogan

Tried the 2005 and 2008 C++ Redistributable, after uninstalling 747 and removing PMDG folders but no luck. I am never prompted in the install for anything other than the validation which is fine. I am doing the standard install. Also tried to reinstall and repair which it did but same results.Have not heard from customer support but it is the weekend I guess.

Have not heard from customer support but it is the weekend I guess
They didn't get your email if you didn't get an automatic reply. Some folks have to use a gmail account, which always seems to get through their strange spam filter.

Dan Downs KCRP