Sign in to follow this  
thea330flyer

Gauges not re-appearing after view change

so i recently re-installed PMDG 747 on a new PC, for FS9. So i change views from the cockpit-to vc- to tower-to spot view, then back to cockpit and the gauges are not appearing. MAINLY the screens, NOT the a/p, heading, speed, alt switches, overhead panel still exists, throttle, FMC, etc. just the screens. why is this? any thoughts? (im pretty sure the engines were so it was not a power situation)

I have seen similar when they all undocked themselves on their own and just disappeared. This has only happened for me when switching from full screen to windowed mode and may also be contributed to Triplehead2go (not sure), but check your settings to see if you have anything about undocking windows tied into something possibly with how your changing views is my only guess.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I have seen similar when they all undocked themselves on their own and just disappeared. This has only happened for me when switching from full screen to windowed mode and may also be contributed to Triplehead2go (not sure), but check your settings to see if you have anything about undocking windows tied into something possibly with how your changing views is my only guess.
What is Triplehead2go? BTW, after registering FSUIPC, it says that my FSUIPC is too old when i downloaded the newest version from the website (v.3.96) any thoughts on this?

Usually means you have more than one copy of the fsuipc.dll on your hard drive. Even if it isn't in the modules folder, duplicates can cause problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

Usually means you have more than one copy of the fsuipc.dll on your hard drive. Even if it isn't in the modules folder, duplicates can cause problems.
That is what i was thinking, but im pretty sure only have one copy of it, other than that, to solve my problems with both PMDG 737,747 problems, should i just re-install them? i mean, i posted my problem on the 737 forum, no help, and my problem with the 747 screens not appearing, well... so i think im going to re-install them with a registered FSUIPC first, then install.

What is Triplehead2go?
Triplehead2go is a module that you plug into the video out of your video card that then sends out to up to 3 monitors (more if you hook up another trip2go). This allows for some serious simming! It takes all three monitors and then combines them to output one image or one seemless screen when gaming. I have always run multiple monitors, for use with photoshop, video editing and of course games, but this little guy lets you do things with multiple monitors that you can't otherwise. Like your screenshots will run at a resolution of all combined monitors, your wallpaper will be one image and not 3 (one for each monitor) stretching the entire length so you would have your start menu on the far left monitor and system time on the far right. Gaming has taken on a whole new level. Simming is insanely better, but it's not just sims, it works in every game I've tried and I probably have more then best buy :) F.E.A.R 2 is pretty sweet, as is Need for speed. I run FSX and all of my games at 5040x1050 on 3 Asus 26" monitors and FPS hit is minimal if any at all. If you ever opened a new window within FS by using the [ shortcut, you will notice huge hits to fps. I don't notice any at all, not 1. SLI users have never really had any benefit with FSX, but it will help with running these resolutions. I don't have SLI on the rig my Triples are running on but am pushing it with a GTX295. So load up your sim and get some high res shots and set them as your wallpaper or make your own insanely large dreamscene.One thing though, it does have some quirks, and getting the max res of 5040x1050, meant getting 3 monitors that could do it. To get that res need to have monitors that will push 1680x1050 @ 57hz (new drivers have helped this issue a lot recently). There are tricks to get it to do it but again, not all screens will. You can check it out here. Also, you can see some videos here from Matrox and a ton of
on youtube. There are also some problems hitting the max rez with ATI cards and I think only the latter two high end ATI's will do it, but not sure, so research before you think about doing it.Also to mention, nVidia is getting into the whole "Surround Gaming" soon too with their next batch of cards. It will be interesting to see when they do. Read more on that here.PS. FSUIPC had a problem with 2010 and the code, some people aren't able to register it since the new year. I heard from Pete that there will be a new version released later this month to address the issue.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Triplehead2go is a module that you plug into the video out of your video card that then sends out to up to 3 monitors (more if you hook up another trip2go). This allows for some serious simming! It takes all three monitors and then combines them to output one image or one seemless screen when gaming. I have always run multiple monitors, for use with photoshop, video editing and of course games, but this little guy lets you do things with multiple monitors that you can't otherwise. Like your screenshots will run at a resolution of all combined monitors, your wallpaper will be one image and not 3 (one for each monitor) stretching the entire length so you would have your start menu on the far left monitor and system time on the far right. Gaming has taken on a whole new level. Simming is insanely better, but it's not just sims, it works in every game I've tried and I probably have more then best buy :) F.E.A.R 2 is pretty sweet, as is Need for speed. I run FSX and all of my games at 5040x1050 on 3 Asus 26" monitors and FPS hit is minimal if any at all. If you ever opened a new window within FS by using the [ shortcut, you will notice huge hits to fps. I don't notice any at all, not 1. SLI users have never really had any benefit with FSX, but it will help with running these resolutions. I don't have SLI on the rig my Triples are running on but am pushing it with a GTX295. So load up your sim and get some high res shots and set them as your wallpaper or make your own insanely large dreamscene.One thing though, it does have some quirks, and getting the max res of 5040x1050, meant getting 3 monitors that could do it. To get that res need to have monitors that will push 1680x1050 @ 57hz (new drivers have helped this issue a lot recently). There are tricks to get it to do it but again, not all screens will. You can check it out here. Also, you can see some videos here from Matrox and a ton of
on youtube. There are also some problems hitting the max rez with ATI cards and I think only the latter two high end ATI's will do it, but not sure, so research before you think about doing it.Also to mention, nVidia is getting into the whole "Surround Gaming" soon too with their next batch of cards. It will be interesting to see when they do. Read more on that here.PS. FSUIPC had a problem with 2010 and the code, some people aren't able to register it since the new year. I heard from Pete that there will be a new version released later this month to address the issue.
So should i just re-install PMDG 747? I got my 737 problem solved, so my main question: So should i just re-install PMDG 747?

... so i think im going to re-install them with a registered FSUIPC first, then install.
So should i just re-install PMDG 747? I got my 737 problem solved, so my main question: So should i just re-install PMDG 747?
I don't the quirks of it for fs9 or issue you seem to be having and since no one has posted anything to solve your problem, then perhaps you should. I don't know why your looking for someone to tell you to reinstall it. You should try something other than saying your going to reinstall then asking again if you should. I took the time to answer the question above since I knew the answer but think your time (a whole 5 minutes) spent reinstalling it and seeing if it will work might be a better start than still waiting for someone to tell you to try it, don't ya think? Maybe it will, maybe your gauge.dll got rejected or corrupt. Either way just try it...Also reinstalling it with a "registered FSUIPC" has nothing to do with anything. The point that was made was the possibilty that you might have two. You replied that, that's what you thought... Did you try a search via windows search yet to see if you might have 2?

Dan Prunier

I don't the quirks of it for fs9 or issue you seem to be having and since no one has posted anything to solve your problem, then perhaps you should. I don't know why your looking for someone to tell you to reinstall it. You should try something other than saying your going to reinstall then asking again if you should. I took the time to answer the question above since I knew the answer but think your time (a whole 5 minutes) spent reinstalling it and seeing if it will work might be a better start than still waiting for someone to tell you to try it, don't ya think? Maybe it will, maybe your gauge.dll got rejected or corrupt. Either way just try it...Also reinstalling it with a "registered FSUIPC" has nothing to do with anything. The point that was made was the possibilty that you might have two. You replied that, that's what you thought... Did you try a search via windows search yet to see if you might have 2?
Again, im 110% sure that i do not have second FSUIPC. The wierd thing i have noticed when registering FSUIPC is that when the .KEY file is in the modules folder, FS9 says that my version is too old, but when i remove it, works fine. Bottom line is, i will re-install and thats it.