Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

Problem with Fuel Resetting to full

OK this is driving me batty and i can't figure it out. For some reason my latest install of FS9 on Windows 7 is acting goofy. Regardless of the aircraft (default or 3rd party) if I attempt to change the amount of fuel loaded in the aircraft under fuel and payload, about 10 seconds after I OK the changes the fuel resets itself back to 100%.I've tried running FS9 in admin mode, changing the security settings on the FS9 folder and sub folders to give full access to any user on my pc, etc.. Still nothing has fixed it and this is really causing problems when I'm trying to fly realistic flights for my VA.Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!Jason

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Are you parked near the fuel station at your airports? FS9 automatically fills your fuel tanks if you park within a certain radius of them.

Not to my knowledge. This happens regardless of the gate I'm at at the airport.Resolved it myself...looks like it was a scenery issue with KMKE. Unfortunately I always start at that airport. After scouring the dreamscenery forums I found the resolution.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

What was the resolution .. for people following this topic?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yes, please post your resolution, for members now and in the future. Please share.Thank you.

The scenery was DreamScenery's KMKE (Milwaukee Airport). There is a misc.bgl file in the scenery folder that needs to be removed. Aparantly this bgl will automatically load any AC to 100% fuel regardless of what you set it to via config manager or through FS. It took a while to dig this one up via their forums, but it appears to have resolved the issue.I didn't think of it at first, but through my VA most of my flights originate at KMKE, so as soon as I tried flying out of a different airport wala! Problem was gone.

Which .bgl, dude? Can you be more specific?
What, misc.bgl isn't specific enough? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What, misc.bgl isn't specific enough? :(
Not when you're slightly moronic, like me. :( Sorry, I totally blew over that part of the post.My bad.

HelloGlad you got it resolved, A registered FSUIPC has an ini file setting to prevent auto refuelingFrom the FSUIPC docsAn INI-file only option, ―StopAutoFuel=Yes‖ is provided on FS2002/4 to stop automatic re-fuelling at scenery fuel boxes. With this selected you can only increase fuel via the FS menu or by using a program or gauge which does it via FSUIPC

I have the same problem with the freeware photo NZQN airport scenery I downloaded here at avsim. No matter where I park, the fuel tank keep resetting to full.I will try the fsuipc setting and cross my fingers.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Here is a test for those who might be interested.Look for the [sCENERY] section of your FS9.cfg,and add - ShowTriggers=1This will show you visually, in the sim, where the fuel triggers are.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe,That's useful to know. I recall taxiing over a couple of misplaced fuel points in one commercial airports-upgrade (in the middle of another taxiway and not by the model of the fuel pump), and at least one MS original airport has a fuel point within a few yards of a parking spot. If nothing else I'll be able to skirt around them.I'm still fairly new to FS9, which is to say flying & not modifying, but is there a way of moving or removing fuel points, say with a utility similar to Afcad221?Regards,Dave

is there a way of moving or removing fuel points, say with a utility similar to Afcad221?Regards,Dave
You can exclude fuel triggers with excbuilder.Available here in the library - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootYou will want 3 of those 4 files.1 is the program1 is a tutorial, authored by David "Opa" Marshall1 is a small correction to the tutorialregards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif