Sign in to follow this  
Guest nbquidditch

ATC in slew-mode

Guest nbquidditch

Hi guys, quick question? In Slew-Mode FS mute's the sound. Is it at all possible to change this so that you can still here sound, in particular ATC in Slew-Mode?Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, quick question? In Slew-Mode FS mute's the sound. Is it at all possible to change this so that you can still here sound, in particular ATC in Slew-Mode?Thanks in advance.
I believe you find that anytime you go to Slew mode or minimize the sim (so you can check e-mail or whatever) the Sound is automatically disabled.I am quite sure this behavior cannot be changed - it just the way MS designed the program.

Guest nbquidditch

Thanks David , I was hoping that someone out there may have a solution but your probably right.

Thanks David , I was hoping that someone out there may have a solution but your probably right.
I'm almost afraid to ask this, but you do know about the "variable simulation rate" option in Flight Simulator, right? I know it's not "Slew" mode and sorry if it's an obvious question, but if you're like me you often may overlook the obvious and go right to the "as maddenly complex as to make you want to pull your hair out" option. :(

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but you do know about the "variable simulation rate" option in Flight Simulator, right? I know it's not "Slew" mode and sorry if it's an obvious question, but if you're like me you often may overlook the obvious and go right to the "as maddenly complex as to make you want to pull your hair out" option. :(
If you are referring to slowing down or speeding up the sim rate, that is done with th R key and the plus or minus key at the top of your keyboard. The rate change will be shown at the top right side of your screen. Don't forget to return to the "normal speed" when you are done experimenting.I believe this is probably covered in the FS2004 Learning Center (along with a whole lot more information).I recommend setting up a shortcut on your Desktop to the Learning Ceneter so you do not have to startup FS to access it.To do that, create a new shortcut on the Desktop and copy the entire line below into the shortcut's "target" box":C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FSweb\frameset_ingame_help.htmThat assumes your FS2004 is installed in the default C drive location. If different, edit the path accordingly. Give you new shortcut any name you wish and hit OK to complete the process.Now you can access the Learning Center anytome you wish and even review the Flying Lessons too.Hope that helps.

Hi, Opa. In the interest of brevity I was just calling it what it's called on the FS9 drop down menu -- asking the OP if maybe using that would satisfy his requirements.BTW, congratulations on your "Man of the Year" nomination. I was thinking more along the lines of canonization, but I thought THAT mighht go to your head. :( (You know I always appreciate all of the help you give me all the time . . .)

Hi, Opa. In the interest of brevity I was just calling it what it's called on the FS9 drop down menu -- asking the OP if maybe using that would satisfy his requirements.
Guess I should have had more than one cup of coffee before attempting answer a question !!I totally mis-read your post and thought you were asking how to change the sim speed. Duh... I knew you knew that already.Sorry about that. :(

Guest nbquidditch

OK guys, you've completely lost me!! Maybe if I explain why I would find the above ATC in Slew-Mode of benefit! I'm a fanatical AI man who loves siting at airports and watching the AI traffic coming and going. I find it much easier using my joystick to follow the aircraft around, it also stops the jerkyness that my system suffers occasionally and some of my livery textures shimmer too, it also stops this.

Guess I should have had more than one cup of coffee before attempting answer a question !!I totally mis-read your post and thought you were asking how to change the sim speed. Duh... I knew you knew that already.Sorry about that. :(
Absolutely nothing to apologize for, my friend! Your suggestion was a good one -- have you thought of posting it as a separate post, perhaps just for posterity's sake?

OK guys, you've completely lost me!! Maybe if I explain why I would find the above ATC in Slew-Mode of benefit! I'm a fanatical AI man who loves siting at airports and watching the AI traffic coming and going. I find it much easier using my joystick to follow the aircraft around, it also stops the jerkyness that my system suffers occasionally and some of my livery textures shimmer too, it also stops this.
Have you tried the free Traffic Toolbox utility from MS as a way to watch traffic - that is what I use almost exclusively. To tell the truth though, I cannot remember if you hear the radio or not when using it.I also use Traffic View Board to watch AI craft - but cannot remember if I hear transmissions with that either. I am mostly interested in how AI "perform" when I am using either program.A few years ago I auditioned this file but do not use in now: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4&Go=SearchPossibly it offers what you are seeking.