Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Recomnded anti virus/spyware program

As I am waiting "patiently" on my newly purchased computer, I want to start preparing myself on to best take care of my new system, when it arrives.Now I have used a lot of anti virus programs in the past, but now I have no clue what is best. You see I now learn that threats to your operating system comes from websites in form of spywar, adware and so on.So please help me out here, because it is a jungle, and I simply want to know which one to choose.I need a program that is good, but not intrussive on my everyday PC operations.Thank you all.Boaz Fraizer

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As I am waiting "patiently" on my newly purchased computer, I want to start preparing myself on to best take care of my new system, when it arrives.Now I have used a lot of anti virus programs in the past, but now I have no clue what is best. You see I now learn that threats to your operating system comes from websites in form of spywar, adware and so on.So please help me out here, because it is a jungle, and I simply want to know which one to choose.I need a program that is good, but not intrussive on my everyday PC operations.Thank you all.Boaz Fraizer
Boaz,I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials since install of Windows 7, it is free and works in the background. Microsoft Security Essentials

Guest ziporama

Security Essentials is much less bloated than many of the others out there and thus far is doing a fantastic job on my PCs at home.It only includes a/v and spyware so it will not do some of the other functions such as web filtering, etc...

kaspersky anit-virus. You can also get kaspersky internet security. Both work great and update every hr in the background. no perf hits either

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I'd also recommand Microsoft Security Essential: free, simple and not ressource hungry.

I'd also recommand Microsoft Security Essential: free, simple and not ressource hungry.
Microsoft security essentials sounds like a wise choise, but it is unavailable in my region, perhaps it will be when I get an English W7?Boaz.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

ESET NOD32, as recommended by Nick Needham in his FS Tuning Guide. I use it myself and can highly recommend it, it's the best AV program I've used.

ESET NOD32, as recommended by Nick Needham in his FS Tuning Guide. I use it myself and can highly recommend it, it's the best AV program I've used.
Thanks a mill, will check it out!Boaz.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Microsoft Security Essentials wouldn't know a virus if it smacked it upside the head.... (sorry...just my experience as an IT guy!!) Norton Antivirus = JunkMcAfee = More junk!AVG = WeakMy top picks would be: ESET NOD32 or G-Data Antivirus. (G-Data is rated a bit higher on detection rates, but they are both close).As far as how they run with FlightSim.... I don't know, as I don't run any antivirus (or any other non-essential apps) on my FS machine. It is an FS only machine not used for surfing the web, or any other apps.However, for any machine you use to surf the web, or use email, or downloads. Have some good AntiVirus software!!!!On my machines, I use G-Data Antivirus (Windows 7 Pro x64)-m@

Sunbelt's VIPRE ...I use it with Advanquest Fixit Utilities ... but then I don't get infected much... I go to mostly the same web sites... and run firefox with noscript add-on ....It's on today's newegg shell shocker til 12:00 pacific time $19 for an unlimited home license....

Avira is the best:http://www.free-av.com/msalo, just curious:Are you on-line for weather etc. with your FS machine without Antivirus?
What he say! But I use the premium suite. Has great firewall.

msalo, just curious:Are you on-line for weather etc. with your FS machine without Antivirus?
I run ActiveSky via Wide-FS on another machine, as well as other addons (SB4, XPax, FS RealTime, etc...). I keep the apps on my main FS rig to a minimum. My Wide-FS machines have G-Data Antivirus on them.-m@

I have used Microsoft Security Essentials since moving to W7 and have had no problems ever. I used to use AVG which would be my second choice still, but now MSE is non obtrusive and non memory hungry. Can't see any problems so far.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU