Sign in to follow this  
heydon2008

INSTALLATION PROBLEM PMDG 747 400X

I have bought the PMDG 400 X from a compnay called proviation, it is the boxed version not download of this software, but on trying to install this aircraft i get an eroor message, i have read a previous post where a customer was asked to turn off his firewall, i have done that but i am still getting error message, which is enclosed in the attachment with this messagei would appreciate any help you can givethanksmr c heydon

I have bought the PMDG 400 X from a compnay called proviation, it is the boxed version not download of this software, but on trying to install this aircraft i get an eroor message, i have read a previous post where a customer was asked to turn off his firewall, i have done that but i am still getting error message, which is enclosed in the attachment with this messagei would appreciate any help you can givethanksmr c heydon
Hi,It would help if you posted your system specs.,thhen a more considered reply may be forthcoming.We are talking about the Aerosoft boxed version sold by this company?RegardsNorman BowmanPS.It is a condition of this forum that all posts are signed using your full name otherwise the thread may be locked.

Hi,It would help if you posted your system specs.,thhen a more considered reply may be forthcoming.We are talking about the Aerosoft boxed version sold by this company?RegardsNorman BowmanPS.It is a condition of this forum that all posts are signed using your full name otherwise the thread may be locked.
mY SPEC OF MY COMPUTER IS AS FOLLOWSAMD 4600+ dual core 2.4 ghz3.5gig ram1 gigabyte graphics cardwindows xp professinal with service pack 1 and 2flight simulator x with service pack 1 and 2and trying to install the PMDG 747 400 X boxed version and all i do is to try and run the setup.exe file and this is the error message that i getthanksheydon2008

Maybe you have a defective CDROM? I'm very little help with the boxed version of this product, but I have not seen an installer exe runtime error message more than just once or twice in the forum over the past couple years and those were download versions, which were resolved by re-downloading.I assume the error happens early in the installation, before any dialogs from the installer happen.Please sign your full name here. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you using Windows Blinds or an application that changes the apperance of Windows...? Iv heard that this can cause similar problems.

Are you using Windows Blinds or an application that changes the apperance of Windows...? Iv heard that this can cause similar problems.
No i use a official version of windows xp professional with service pack 1, 2 and 3 installed, Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration installed, when i cliicked on further infomation on the technical tab it stated something about comapp.txt. Anyway i did a have took drastic action and have done a complete re-install of windows, and i can report that i have successfully installed the PMDG 747 400X, i shouldn't have hd to have done that but considering i tried installing it on my laptop and it ran the setup.exe file, i could only deduce that there was something wrong with my windows installation, just wish i knew what caused it, i do not like puzzles!. But i would like to extend my thanks to those of you that came up with suggestions, since i have only just joined this forum, it is greatly appreicated THANKYOU

No i use a official version of windows xp professional with service pack 1, 2 and 3 installed, Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration installed, when i cliicked on further infomation on the technical tab it stated something about comapp.txt. Anyway i did a have took drastic action and have done a complete re-install of windows, and i can report that i have successfully installed the PMDG 747 400X, i shouldn't have hd to have done that but considering i tried installing it on my laptop and it ran the setup.exe file, i could only deduce that there was something wrong with my windows installation, just wish i knew what caused it, i do not like puzzles!. But i would like to extend my thanks to those of you that came up with suggestions, since i have only just joined this forum, it is greatly appreicated THANKYOU
Glad you got it working in the end! You will find that this is a very friendly forum!Happy landings!