Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

looking for an older program

I recall a program that used wherein airport names would pop up as you fly.. Can anyone recall this.Thanks Peter

Doesn't Shift+N bring up those labels in FSX?
Not on my setup which is FSX Deluxe with Ser Paks 1 and 2.Perhaps it does with Acceleration - but I do not have that so cannot confirm.

Guest realatp
I recall a program that used wherein airport names would pop up as you fly.. Can anyone recall this.Thanks Peter
POINTS OF INTETREST .........FS DREAMTEAM?

Guest jshyluk

I think everyone is right... I remember at least two payware products, and a freeware solution. I didn't follow the link, but I believe that in order to make the freeware version work you have to manually edit an entry in FSX. There are threads on this on AVSIM somewhere.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest UlfB
Doesn't Shift+N bring up those labels in FSX?
No. I used the tip posted by Opa and it works OK. This command isn't listed in the FSX Control Settings, but it works perfectly well. Good tip!

I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I can see the entry in the Controls.file but nothing happens when I press Shift+J. Any ideas.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I can see the entry in the Controls.file but nothing happens when I press Shift+J. Any ideas.
Are you in the air (flying) when you try the Shifted J key combination?You won't see anything if you are on the ground.It works like a charm for me.

I found my problem. I had the entry in the wrong part of the file. Once corrected, all is well.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

If you just want airport labels ...* standard.xml-------------- <Entry> <Key>CTRL+SHIFT+P</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry>

To AllThanks all for the feedback OPA's post worked perfectly, I googled this and i did not get any links in the subject so that you all for the input.Pete