Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Fast moving water reflections!

Hi all!I just recieved my copy of XP-9... Stunned by the visuals and by the performance, but I have two questions.1. Sometimes, the reflections (waves) of the water moves way too fast, sometimes even giving me the illusion of flying backwards with a fixed wing aircraft.Is there a fix for this?2. Sometimes, when I choose a new airport, the wind sets automatically to 200kts (!) and I am blown away, even just standing still on the runway. I use real world weather for this. (excuse me for still using MS terms.. :()Any help appreciated for this noob, getting ready to convert a TON of addon scenery...//Johan

1. Sometimes, the reflections (waves) of the water moves way too fast, sometimes even giving me the illusion of flying backwards with a fixed wing aircraft.Is there a fix for this?
I don't know if this will solve your issue, but trying going to the Weather->Water settings and decreasing or zeroing wave height/wave speed.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I don't know if this will solve your issue, but trying going to the Weather->Water settings and decreasing or zeroing wave height/wave speed.Marco
Hi Marco. Ok, but it seems that that is not possible if I have the weather set to "internet update".../Johan

Hi all!I just recieved my copy of XP-9... Stunned by the visuals and by the performance, but I have two questions.1. Sometimes, the reflections (waves) of the water moves way too fast, sometimes even giving me the illusion of flying backwards with a fixed wing aircraft.Is there a fix for this?2. Sometimes, when I choose a new airport, the wind sets automatically to 200kts (!) and I am blown away, even just standing still on the runway. I use real world weather for this. (excuse me for still using MS terms.. :()Any help appreciated for this noob, getting ready to convert a TON of addon scenery...//Johan
Hi JohanI also get this effect of the "moving" water, and it can be really disorienting, especially when there is no ground around to steady your view. I think it is a combination of wave height and wind effect. I also like flying with "real weather" turned on, but if I find the results not satisfactory I just tick that option of and manually adjust that weather. It

Hi JohanI also get this effect of the "moving" water, and it can be really disorienting, especially when there is no ground around to steady your view. I think it is a combination of wave height and wind effect. I also like flying with "real weather" turned on, but if I find the results not satisfactory I just tick that option of and manually adjust that weather. It

Thanx Jan.So if anyone knows a fix of this annoying wave problem and still being able to use real world weather, please post!/johan
Yes, I think tweaking wave height AND wave length should improve things. You shouldn't see the effects much once u are above 50-100 ft though, if so it might your rendering settings. Simon

Yes, I think tweaking wave height AND wave length should improve things. You shouldn't see the effects much once u are above 50-100 ft though, if so it might your rendering settings. Simon
Thanx Simon. But what rendering settings do you refer to?

I too have been getting this extremely fast water effect, especially since 9.30 and up. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Hopefuly there will be a proper fix sometime soon.Regards Martin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2