Sign in to follow this  
Guest luckyg65

Apron Bus

Guest luckyg65

Hi All,good to be back again, after long time.I've a problem with certain scenery Add Ons (Mumbay, new Treviso) as I thimk I miss the day textures for apron buses. Instead, at night, they are fully visble.I guess these are rwy 12 items, but cannot manage to find the appropriate textures, as wherever they are, during daylight, they are simply gray which means the .bgl are there, but not the relevant textures.Many thanks for your attention and help.

Hi All,good to be back again, after long time.I've a problem with certain scenery Add Ons (Mumbay, new Treviso) as I thimk I miss the day textures for apron buses. Instead, at night, they are fully visble.I guess these are rwy 12 items, but cannot manage to find the appropriate textures, as wherever they are, during daylight, they are simply gray which means the .bgl are there, but not the relevant textures.Many thanks for your attention and help.
Can you provide a link to one or both of the sceneries in question?

I did some investigating and the buses used in treviso_airport_liph.zip are default objects.The textures are - veh05a.bmp and veh05a_lm.bmpThey should be in ...\FS9\Scenery\Vehicles\textureThe originals can be extracted from FS9 disc #3, in MSGAME8.cabMore instructions can be found at - http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1241545570For a complete listing of all default FS9 files and their locations on the original discs see - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=41627regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yeah,there we go:http://www.simviation.com/fs2004scenery79.htmtreviso_airport_liph.zip on AVSIM LibraryCannot detect the day-only textures for th eapron buses.Many thanks for consideration and help.
I just downloaded and installed Treviso to test it.The apron buses show the usual "yellow" texture just fine for me.The buse and it's texture are default FS2004 items (not RWY12 items) - so if the daytime texture is not displaying I would have to guess it is missing or corrupt on your setup.The problem would be to try to identify which texture it is which is missing or corrupt and not displaying. I see nothing in my main texture folder which has a name like "airport bus" as a clue.Not sure what to suggest at this point short of restoring all of the default textures from your install disks.Hope that helps even a little bit.EDIT - Joe we were typing at the same time I guess - your answer is a btter one.

Guest luckyg65

Bingoo,You were right , Mates.That was the problemI've recovered the original textures (From some add on, I had got the LSG ones) and checked I wasn't the only facing this problem.Currently, there was in Jo'Burg (Worx) also.Whay I've detected is that whilst now Mumbai is doing perfectly, in Delhi apron buses still look gray. Probably these models will have same problem, I'll now try to detect which textures they utilize.Many thanks for your prompt replies which turned out extremely helpful and, needless to say, highly appreciated !f