Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Best Add-on airplane traffic for FSX?

I have been looking at Ultimate Traffic 2 and My Traffic X Pro. Is there any consensus as to the best traffic add-on for FSX. Any other add-on traffic programs. Which is best on frame-rates?Thanks,RH

I have been looking at Ultimate Traffic 2 and My Traffic X Pro. Is there any consensus as to the best traffic add-on for FSX. Any other add-on traffic programs. Which is best on frame-rates?Thanks,RH
The latest Ultimate Traffic 2 SP has the option that traffic will be adjusted based on your target frame rate how cool is that :-)Cheers,Andr

André

I use World of AI, which is free, but you have to download each airline package individually. Also because of the AVSIM hack some packages are no longer available as they are mostly hosted by AVSIM. They are updated regularly, and are being replaced pretty quickly. The benefits of WOAI are real world schedules, pretty detailed AI models which perform well. You can download and install as much or as few packages you think you need. Most are FS9 models so you have to turn off aircraft and ground shadows if you have FSX SP2 or Accel. They won't work with DX10 as well. You can take a look at my videos to get a sense what to expect.http://www.world-of-ai.com/http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ultimate Traffic 2 with the new service pack is great. You can run high levels of traffic with minimal performance impact. dont know what your system specs are but with my setup I am able to run 100% commercial (what they refer to as weekly traffic) at most places. I dont use the GA traffic as I mostly fly airliners. It has the option to fine tune settings such as how many aircraft it injects at one time, a target frame rate option where if your FPS drops 10% below a value you choose UT will remove traffic to try to sustain that FPS set or you can turn that option off if you wish. To tell you the truth the overall performance impact is not much at all and a big scenery package will cause you bad performance before UT2 will. You can also set how many miles out that ground traffic spawns (or is injected into the sim). It has a repaint utility which allows you to reassign aircraft or add aircraft, traffic status board ect ect ect. I now can fly into heathrow with high levels of traffic and still get good performance.

Jim Wenham

I dont use the GA traffic as I mostly fly airliners.
Where is the real world realism without GA traffic? I fly GA, but wouldn't think of doing it without airline traffic active. :(

Art

Where is the real world realism without GA traffic? I fly GA, but wouldn't think of doing it without airline traffic active. :(
That's the advantage here you can choose lol ;-)As for real world realism is per simmer different...- only airliners traffic- only ga traffic- airliners and ga traffic Cheers,Andr

André

Ultimate Traffic 2 with the new service pack is great. You can run high levels of traffic with minimal performance impact. dont know what your system specs are but with my setup I am able to run 100% commercial (what they refer to as weekly traffic) at most places. I dont use the GA traffic as I mostly fly airliners. It has the option to fine tune settings such as how many aircraft it injects at one time, a target frame rate option where if your FPS drops 10% below a value you choose UT will remove traffic to try to sustain that FPS set or you can turn that option off if you wish. To tell you the truth the overall performance impact is not much at all and a big scenery package will cause you bad performance before UT2 will. You can also set how many miles out that ground traffic spawns (or is injected into the sim). It has a repaint utility which allows you to reassign aircraft or add aircraft, traffic status board ect ect ect. I now can fly into heathrow with high levels of traffic and still get good performance.
Thanks for the reply. I will probably go for Ultimate Traffic 2, although I really like the idea of having military aircraft flying as well (such as in MyTraffic2010). However, framerate friendliness is the top feature I will look for. Any idea how to get military aircraft into Ultimate Traffic 2? Is the MyTraffic series also good on framerates?
Thanks for the reply. I will probably go for Ultimate Traffic 2, although I really like the idea of having military aircraft flying as well (such as in MyTraffic2010). However, framerate friendliness is the top feature I will look for. Any idea how to get military aircraft into Ultimate Traffic 2? Is the MyTraffic series also good on framerates?

Can anyone tell me if UT2 includes FedEx and UPS aircraft? I would assume so given that they are large air carriers. However, I fly a lot of "cargo" flights and would like to make sure that if I get UT2 the cargo ramps near me will be well populated. I'm using WOAI now, but am thinking for performance reasons UT2 may be a good option that I will upgrade to soon.

Eric Szczesniak

Can anyone tell me if UT2 includes FedEx and UPS aircraft? I would assume so given that they are large air carriers. However, I fly a lot of "cargo" flights and would like to make sure that if I get UT2 the cargo ramps near me will be well populated. I'm using WOAI now, but am thinking for performance reasons UT2 may be a good option that I will upgrade to soon.
I don't believe that UT2 includes those cargo carriers, unfortunately. However, you would be able to run WOAI for just those two along with UT2 for the rest.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

No, but you can use any BGL based traffic along side UTII. I use UTII combined with WOAI FedEX and UPS, plus FTX AU traffic, and a number of traffic bgls included with scenerys such as Tongas X, ect.