Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

I have FS2004 and wow!

My first impression is that is looks like a different simulator.:) The daytime sky and ground colors are much improved. Much more realistic. I just started tinkering and I am getting 15fps to 20fps with medium-high settings on most of the display settings. The clouds exceed my expectations and the RealAir Marchetti works great in FS2004 unpatched! BobP :)GW2K 2.0ghz P4512 meg memGeforce 4200 (64mg)

"The clouds exceed my expectations and the RealAir Marchetti works great in FS2004 unpatched!"We are working on a service release which will make the SF260 spin as well in FS2004 as it does in FS2002. In all other respects the Marchetti functions exactly as it did in Fs2002. All past purchasers will have access to the service pack and we will announce a FS2004 version for new purchasers shortly.Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulationswww.realairsimulations.com

Hi Rob,I am still adjusting the Yoke and sensitivities. :) Not quite ready to go spinning! Ha! By the way, your (and team) virtual cockpit is still the best in the business by far IMHO. BobP :)

I can tell you that the physics of motion is much improved. BobP :)

Guest captbulldog

Indeed. You no longer need takeoff thrust just to taxi :)

Guest otter55

imho even the 172 flys a bit betterdon

Damn I wish I'd ordered overnight FedEx! I did the ground version from Provantage falling for their "it might arrive sooner than 3-5 days due to regional warehouse. I live in northern Cal and the thing is coming from PA! Dang!Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Man! I can't wait. I will have mine tomorrow. Bought from Provantage.Pat

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

noel,Im in the same boat as you I ordered ground thinking it would get to southern California early but the thing shipped from freaking Jonestown, PA , :-( The weekend is gonna be torture!!! Do you have aim? since where in the same boat we should keep in touch mine is ups767300.AndrewPS. I can't beleive I fell for the "regional warehouse" bs, its more like regional for the northeast, what do they have 22 regional warehouses in PA or what??? Also when is yours scheduled to be delivered? Mine is set for the 29th but I called and the lady said the 30th which is passed the guarenteed 5 days. I sooooo don't like fedex. lol

Boy... the night time lights are spectacular! The screen shots really did not do this sim justice at night. Lighted buildings and houses and towers and hangers and beacons ... cool. Understand, these "oh wows" are coming from someone who prefers a PIC left seat and FL320!BobP :)

>imho even the 172 flys a bit better>It actually does! No more "wet cement" feel in roll and pitch. I'm not even overly concerned about a replacement file...... this time.L.Adamson

HI Ryan,"Rob - does that mean they have in fact made changes to the flight dynamics engine in 2004??"Yes they did, some good...some...well...we had to re-write the spin code and when tests are complete we'll issue the service release.Regards,Rob

Guest SoarPics

<>So, uhh, Rob... can we still install the airplane in the new sim and fly it (albeit without spin capabilities)? Any other major issues that would keep the airplane from working until the service release is ready?Thanks,