Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

Hi DanIf you need the tail logo for the Iron Maiden repaint I have a couple of larger copies of it (one at 1380 x 1962), although being a fan you probably already have them, I was toying with the idea, but I could not find a font that was close enough, and I was not looking forward to doing it all by hand.Jim Hodkinson

Hi DanIf you need the tail logo for the Iron Maiden repaint I have a couple of larger copies of it (one at 1380 x 1962), although being a fan you probably already have them, I was toying with the idea, but I could not find a font that was close enough, and I was not looking forward to doing it all by hand.Jim Hodkinson
Actually Jim, I don't have any at the moment. I haven't had the Maiden livery since 2002 (I even had it as my windows boot image :(). If I were to do a Maiden, I would want to do a custom variation. I've already noted a couple neat ideas if I get the time to do one. I'll shoot you my email addy in a PM though, I'd love to see them anyway :( PS (some babble). My music tastes are quite strange to some. I have played in a few rock groups, guitar (not so much), drums (mostly all I do now), and keyboard/Piano (I love it, and of course playing Richard Marx and Journey growing up in the 80's kept me covered with the ladies). But Iron Maiden's Wasted Years was actually one of my favorite songs to play, on guitar it's easy but fun, more so on the piano. It actually sounds like Rachmaninoff :( It's funny though, I can listen to Yanni then Maiden then Rachy hehe. I think the main thing I always loved about Maiden was the harmonizing, to me there nothing better.On a simalar note, my brother saw my Guinness livery and asked me to make him a "Buddy Guy" tour plane with "Eric Johnson" on the Tail,,, just for his wallpaper haha. That is actually next on my list since Buddy Guy and Eric Johnson are probably #1 & #2 on my list for their style playing (Actually trying to learn Cliffs of Dover on the keyboard hehe).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Haha, Drumming is (I think) by far the most fun, especially playing in front of a good crowd. Of course it depends on what you play too. My personal fav is Neil Peart. That's too bad about the arm. I have arthritis so probably why I spend more of my free time simming and not playing anymore.Anywho, Was just going over some things in the tutorial and I have a question. In the tutorial I make it known that I don't have the JS41 (yet), and I've noticed you do a lot of repaints of it. Would you mind if I made reference to you? Most likely in a way like "If you have specific questions about the JS41 kits, see Jim Hodkinson" :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

maid.gifen.gif

Dan Prunier

Hi DanThanks for the link to the font.I suppose now I have not really got a good enough reason now not to attempt the 08 tour repaint, unless of course you want to take the lead on this one.Jim Hodkinson

Nah, I will do one eventually, maybe in a couple weeks and with the MD-11. Mine won't be the tour one though so please please, add to library with more choices :)

Dan Prunier

Let me have a look and see what I can come up with.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi FelipeWhich version of the Varig scheme were you after, I only ask as there are three passenger variants and one cargo variant in the PMDG download section.Or a photograph would be OK.Jim Hodkinson

Hi AdrianHere is the work in progress up to now, all it really needs is a registration number, I

Hi AdrianHere is the work in progress up to now, all it really needs is a registration number, I'm pretty sure of the flight number will be.Let me know if it is what you are after, and if you want anything changing before I pack the repaint, oh and of course the registration that you want on her.Jim Hodkinson
DAMN THATS GOOD!!! :( Thank you so much for giving that a go!!! Looks amazing! I thought the tailplane's graphic looked a little 'warped' if you see what i mean here.Maybe the Iron Maiden logo could be a tiny bit bigger, so it the sam length as the row of windows its above? As for a registration... Im not sure! Again, thank you so very mcuh for taking the time! Also, your landing lights look pretty good as well. Are they the 3D Redux lights?

Great work Jim! I love it.I think the wrong one of us is writing this tutorial ;-)Look forward to the finished product! I want, I need!!! haha.

Dan Prunier