Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

Guest 413X3
The paint tutorial has been finished and is posted Mark :(It's in the general section. Right "here" actually.As for the Italia LX-KCV. I may not release it after all. The above poster posted "this" post a while back and I answered him, but he never replied. I think he just doesn't like to be told to sign his full name in posts per forum rules or something, because very recently I have since told him again in "this" post. Sorry, but I don't go out of my way to help people that go out of theirs to ignore others. Just look at some of his 627 posts and count how often he ignores others. I don't think for a secong that I'm a moderator or anything, in fact 99% of the time I let people know about the name thing is when I don't know the answer to question or am guessing and know it's the only way someone from PMDG will answer. So it is usually just trying to help them out...Oh well, his loss, but he is welcome to do the tutorial and paint it himself. If you want it just PM me your email and I'll send it your way later in the week (on another comp and I won't be back there til Thursday). But as you can see, it is more than ready to fly.redux.jpg
who ###### in your cherrios? I do not need to post my full name unless I am emailing customer support. There is no internet law which says that. I posted this to get the responses of people, if I wanted a pmdg response I would email their support. So because you want to play moderator for a day you won't release the repaint just for spite? What a sad and boring life you must live
Hi Alex, Well normally I would consider it, but we've been excitedly awaiting Turbine777's paint tutorial which includes the Cargolux Italia livery which I'm sure will look pretty good. I think Dan's pretty close to finalizing and he did say he would post to Avsim.So Dan, how close are you to finishing the tutorial and when do you expect the Cargolux Italia to be fuelled and ready to go????RegardsMark
Mark I downloaded your World Airways Cargo repaint, but at night the virtual cockpit doesn't light up correctly. Everything is dark except for the overhead panel in the vc. Am I missing some files? The outside looks fine, just not the virtual cockpit...and I'm waiting for the forum ###### to get mad at you for signing just "mark" what a sad person he is, and flaunts the repaint I have been asking forever for as a carrot on a stick and because of spite won't release it to the forum library. a sad pathetic little man

who ###### in your cherrios? I do not need to post my full name unless I am emailing customer support. There is no internet law which says that. I posted this to get the responses of people, if I wanted a pmdg response I would email their support. So because you want to play moderator for a day you won't release the repaint just for spite? What a sad and boring life you must liveMark I downloaded your World Airways Cargo repaint, but at night the virtual cockpit doesn't light up correctly. Everything is dark except for the overhead panel in the vc. Am I missing some files? The outside looks fine, just not the virtual cockpit...and I'm waiting for the forum ###### to get mad at you for signing just "mark" what a sad person he is, and flaunts the repaint I have been asking forever for as a carrot on a stick and because of spite won't release it to the forum library. a sad pathetic little man
Alex- let me look into the VC issue. I didn't touch the VC so it should work, but who knows. Let me check. I'm still a newbie at this. :( Dan - nice job on the tutorial. I just wish I had had this ~8 weeks ago when I started painting! There's some really great and useful stuff in there and I will be using this in my next repaints. Again, thanks for all your hard work putting this together. :( CheersMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

who ###### in your cherrios? I do not need to post my full name unless I am emailing customer support. There is no internet law which says that. I posted this to get the responses of people, if I wanted a pmdg response I would email their support. So because you want to play moderator for a day you won't release the repaint just for spite? What a sad and boring life you must liveMark I downloaded your World Airways Cargo repaint, but at night the virtual cockpit doesn't light up correctly. Everything is dark except for the overhead panel in the vc. Am I missing some files? The outside looks fine, just not the virtual cockpit...and I'm waiting for the forum ###### to get mad at you for signing just "mark" what a sad person he is, and flaunts the repaint I have been asking forever for as a carrot on a stick and because of spite won't release it to the forum library. a sad pathetic little man
I do my best to offer any help I can in these forums and spend a lot more of my time trying to answer peoples questions, rather than ask them. I also make a huge effort in explaining rules to some to both avoid them from seeing their posts get locked (or deleted), as well as hopefully save the time of the moderators so they can better spend their time in getting their products out to us faster. I am far from unique in this, as there are many others who also try and do the same.Hahaha, I am not flaunting anything at all. I only remind people about the forum rules when thet are "Posting" a comment, and it is to keep it from being blocked. The point here is you've seen both topics where I've mentioned it and you and seen others Numerous times tell you the same. Pathetic? Only thing pathetic here is your lashing out childish behavior. The full name statement as well as your name calling or whatever you call your verbal rampage here can be found here in these forum rules. A more recent posting of this on posts being removed because of it can be found here. Either way, I hope your comments get deleted, you have been asked several times and rather attack than comply. You deserve nothing from me, mainly anymore of my time explaining.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest 413X3

trying to call somebody out and flaunt something that you refuse to release is the only example of childish behavior here. I signed my name in the post you linked above and yet you still continue to act like some sort of moderator. go find a job in real life that lets you go off on a power trip, this is just a flight sim forumand again, why not pick on "Mark" too? Or do you pick and choose who you ridicule? Now you are warning me with the forum rules and demanding my posts be deleted? Who the hell are you again? I hope your computer crashes and all your data is lost. good riddance

trying to call somebody out and flaunt something that you refuse to release is the only example of childish behavior here. I signed my name in the post you linked above and yet you still continue to act like some sort of moderator. go find a job in real life that lets you go off on a power trip, this is just a flight sim forumand again, why not pick on "Mark" too? Or do you pick and choose who you ridicule? Now you are warning me with the forum rules and demanding my posts be deleted? Who the hell are you again? I hope your computer crashes and all your data is lost. good riddance
You obviously cannot read anything I said...
  • Full name is required in the forum.
  • As stated already, I don't try to as you say "Ridicule" anyone. I point it out, only to people that start the post, and sometimes only if I don't want to see it get locked (as in the Italia post). You're obviously not here enough to see good posts get locked.
  • I did in fact call you out, but first, you did in fact and in multiple threads ignore helpful advice.

When I answered both replies linked above, I was extremely polite and being generous. If you cannot see that, then I don't know how to better explain. If I was answering a Topic, posted by Mark or anyone for that matter I would then be sure to let them know, in the polite way I did for you. Using both "Please" and "Thanks" in pointing it out.As for me needing a life :) I have a great one, and it is because of that fact and that this particular hobby has been so greatly enhanced with helpfuls of this forum, that I do spend so much time trying to give back.As to your statement "Who the hell are you again?" Believe me when I say there is nothing more in this world that I want right now to show you exactly who I am in person. As for the other comments about hope my comp crashes, data lost, etc, etc... You've just made my day showing me that I was right in quietly assuming you are most likely a 13 yr old and not worth the aggravation anymore in wasting my time.For others waiting for the ITALIA, I have decided that it would be pointless for me to upload something that is the focal point of the tutorial. At least before I get feedback to what may not be understood. I rather not have it availabl to cheat from, and think certain methods I explain may not be learnt. I will post this on the tutorial as well for better clarification.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

For others waiting for the ITALIA, I have decided that it would be pointless for me to upload something that is the focal point of the tutorial. At least before I get feedback to what may not be understood. I rather not have it availabl to cheat from, and think certain methods I explain may not be learnt. I will post this on the tutorial as well for better clarification.
Thanks for doing this Dan, I have never painted any a/c before so this will be my first attempt!Bruce (Knight)

Thanks for doing this Dan, I have never painted any a/c before so this will be my first attempt!Bruce (Knight)
You're very welcome Bruce. Good luck, and please post any issues you have on the tutorial post. I am most interested in the newer painter, new to Photoshop, and/or new to the paintkits.

Dan Prunier

Guest 747-400 luva

Would it be possible to do V australia 747. i love that livery.thanks.

Guest 413X3
You obviously cannot read anything I said...
  • Full name is required in the forum.
  • As stated already, I don't try to as you say "Ridicule" anyone. I point it out, only to people that start the post, and sometimes only if I don't want to see it get locked (as in the Italia post). You're obviously not here enough to see good posts get locked.
  • I did in fact call you out, but first, you did in fact and in multiple threads ignore helpful advice.

When I answered both replies linked above, I was extremely polite and being generous. If you cannot see that, then I don't know how to better explain. If I was answering a Topic, posted by Mark or anyone for that matter I would then be sure to let them know, in the polite way I did for you. Using both "Please" and "Thanks" in pointing it out.As for me needing a life :) I have a great one, and it is because of that fact and that this particular hobby has been so greatly enhanced with helpfuls of this forum, that I do spend so much time trying to give back.As to your statement "Who the hell are you again?" Believe me when I say there is nothing more in this world that I want right now to show you exactly who I am in person. As for the other comments about hope my comp crashes, data lost, etc, etc... You've just made my day showing me that I was right in quietly assuming you are most likely a 13 yr old and not worth the aggravation anymore in wasting my time.For others waiting for the ITALIA, I have decided that it would be pointless for me to upload something that is the focal point of the tutorial. At least before I get feedback to what may not be understood. I rather not have it availabl to cheat from, and think certain methods I explain may not be learnt. I will post this on the tutorial as well for better clarification.

so i'm a 13 year old yet there you are writing paragraphs and a novel directed to me. how about just going back to painting and stop commenting like you are a moderator. I see you did it to a few other people too, trying to pick fights on a flight sim message board. how low can you go? And now you won't release the repaint to the public with some bs excuse because you know that I specifically requested it months ago. And signed my name just as well as some others in this forum, none of whom have received any moderator lashing from you. You seem to call out only a select few people to pick fights with. what forum do you moderate again? Funny how PMDG has not taken any action against me, but you keep spewing bs as if you owned the placein this topic alone there are 3 other people who have either signed their posts with only a first name, or not signed with a name at all.

so i'm a 13 year old yet there you are writing paragraphs and a novel directed to me. how about just going back to painting and stop commenting like you are a moderator. I see you did it to a few other people too, trying to pick fights on a flight sim message board. how low can you go? And now you won't release the repaint to the public with some bs excuse because you know that I specifically requested it months ago. And signed my name just as well as some others in this forum, none of whom have received any moderator lashing from you. You seem to call out only a select few people to pick fights with. what forum do you moderate again? Funny how PMDG has not taken any action against me, but you keep spewing bs as if you owned the placein this topic alone there are 3 other people who have either signed their posts with only a first name, or not signed with a name at all.
You seriously need to pay attention when you read and you might have rethought most of what your saying...Again, I point it out to people that start the post, or TOPIC, not to those who comment on them. I do it in a polite way, to mainly avoid and keep their thread from being locked as described above,,,I am done explaining this over and over to you.

Dan Prunier

Guest 413X3

you are nobody to be explaining anything. stop acting like a mod and picking fights with various users. you are the problem here.

Hi Alex,Going back to a slightly different topic, you said...."Mark I downloaded your World Airways Cargo repaint, but at night the virtual cockpit doesn't light up correctly. Everything is dark except for the overhead panel in the vc. Am I missing some files? The outside looks fine, just not the virtual cockpit..."I checked it out on my FSX system and the VC lighting looks OK to me but I don't usually use this. I'm a simple 2D guy! See attached screenshots from the World Airways Cargo cockpit.Since I'm not an expert on the 3D VC then may be others could comment. I did check the paint package and it only consists of external paint textures so I'm not sure why the VC would be affected. The panel.cfg should be aliasing/referencing back to your existing PMDG747-400 panel.vc folder for your initial installation so this could be where the problem lies????One last thought based on other observations I have made, you could try going into the [fltsim] section for the BDSF aircraft in the appropriate aircraft.cfg file and where it states "model=pw", try changing this to "model=PW". I saw some strange effects when that line was in lowercase. This is just a guess.....Hopes this helps a little...RegardsMark (Aldridge)

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

you are nobody to be explaining anything. stop acting like a mod and picking fights with various users. you are the problem here.
Mate, he was genuinely trying to help you, and knowing how helpful he (and others) are towards everyone here, i very much doubt that he was attacking you personally - it is common for anyone's posts to be removed that dont follow the published rules. Everyone has something to contribute; thats what makes Avsim PMDG the highly respected forum that it is.Like you, i was wary about posting my full name, so i can see where you are coming from. I chose to add mine and stay, but that was my choice. If i didnt want to, i could have simply joined another forum. I liked the sense of community and people in it.Please, im not having a go at all, just saying :-)You also mentioned about a repaint you were looking for. A repaint tutorial has just been published (you'll find the link in this thread) that is very good. Im about halfway through it, and i can see how rewarding it is to see your own repaint running in FS. Have a crack at it, see how you get on. :-)

Another lovely paint, nice job Jim. You seem to be pretty familiar with using the pen tool by the looks of it, probably the more dificult tool to learn in PS.

Dan Prunier