Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolk

Outside Air Temps over the Atlantic

Just a quick question...When flying over the Atlantic in real life I consistently see temps that are MUCH colder than what I ever see in ASA. For example, on my return flight on 1/1 from EGLL-KEWR the IFE said it was like -62 degrees outside the aircraft at FL370... The coldest I ever really see ASA is -25... Is there any way to get those rw temps over the Atlantic or am I misinterpreting something?Thanks in advance!-Paul

Just a quick question...When flying over the Atlantic in real life I consistently see temps that are MUCH colder than what I ever see in ASA. For example, on my return flight on 1/1 from EGLL-KEWR the IFE said it was like -62 degrees outside the aircraft at FL370... The coldest I ever really see ASA is -25... Is there any way to get those rw temps over the Atlantic or am I misinterpreting something?Thanks in advance!-Paul
ISA temp at FL370 is something like -55 deg C, so an OAT of -25 (ISA+30) at that altitude is unusual but possible on rare occasion. Now TAT is something else entirely.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO