Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

737-800 radio!

Hi guys im realy getting agervated at this... well, it seems that everytime i fly online at vatsim, the PMDG 737800's radio stack freezes. Like when i turn the frequency dial it wont change.Nor can i press the little arrow button on between the freq numbers.Its stuck... im not sure if its squawkbox, fs9, or PMDG thats doing this.Does anyone know how to fix this??? i cant change the COM freq.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Guest afp3079

I'm also having the same problem. The strange part was my radios worked fine all the way through climb but when I later got called by center no radios would tune. COMM, NAV, and ADF all the same problem, however the transponder still tunes.

I used to have a problem with the FS9 radio causing a CTD or a lockup, regardless of aircraft. I may still have it, I don't use the comm radios for anything now.Just an idea, do the keyboard shortcuts for the radio still work?? If not, then there is something inside FS9 that is a problem I think, not sure, but thinking out loud here.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have experienced similar problems, have you updated your version of FSUIPC recently to 3.96?Reverting to version 3.93 resolves the issue for me. Could you let me know your findings please.

I am having the same problem after installing FSUIPC 3.96. My COMM radios and the ADF's can't be adjusted.All my other aircraft are not effected, just the PMDG 737NG series (600, 700, 800, and 900). I no longer have earlier versions ofFSUIPC available or installed.Joe

Many thanks to Stephen for sharing his "fix".Reverting to FSUIPC 3.93 (from 3.96) cured the problems I was experiencing with my PMDG radios.RegardsIanedit: I have just seen that FSUIPC 3.964 is now available. Maybe this will fix the problems experienced with 3.96. Any feed back would be appreciated.

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

Many thanks to Stephen for sharing his "fix".Reverting to FSUIPC 3.93 (from 3.96) cured the problems I was experiencing with my PMDG radios.RegardsIanedit: I have just seen that FSUIPC 3.964 is now available. Maybe this will fix the problems experienced with 3.96. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Ian,An initial test with 3.964 appears to work fine for me. Will flight test tomorrow and report back.

Whilst 3.964 is working it is not operating as smoothly as ver 3.93.As yet I've not had time to try and debug the problem .

Thanks to Stephen's suggestion, I when back to using FSUIPC 3.93 and this solved the problem concerning the radios.The 3.964 update didn't help in my case.Joe

Guest Jim236

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of FSUIPC 3.93?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of FSUIPC 3.93?
Hello Jim,Version 3.96 has now been corrected with an update from Pete Dowson available here:FSUIPC

Guest Jim236
Hello Jim,Version 3.96 has now been corrected with an update from Pete Dowson available here:FSUIPC
Thanks Stephen, I'll give that a try! :)