Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Haiti Dom Rep. VFR Charts

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Anyone know where I could view them or download?

When you mention VFR charts, do you mean en-route, sectionals, or terminal area charts?They can be hard to find for this island, and in fact, hard to find for most islands in the region. For the D.R., you can try the official civil aviation authority web site:http://aip.idac.gov.do/ingles/paginas/home_in.htmlSpecifically, you can find low altitude en-route charts there in pdf format.I also got some charts from MapTech; here is a highly-reduced image:And a full-sized extract:Although I haven't checked back with them for a while. I leave that to you.Haiti is much more of a problem. There is not a large civil aviation authority present in the country in normal times, and not much activity of a regulatory nature, so charts may not even exist! Or, if they do, they may be very old and out-of-date, but this is just speculation. In any case, I have never seen any freely available on the internet. Jepp probably has them and seems to be donating them for humanitarian flights at the moment - see their web site for more info - but they may very well just be approach charts.You may have to settle for an F.A.A. W.A.C.Good luck with your search and virtual humanitarian flight.Best regards.Luis

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Good luck with your search and virtual humanitarian flight.Best regards.Luis
Thanks, I may not be able to really help but virtually my heart is there!

Thanks, I may not be able to really help but virtually my heart is there!
Yes I hear you- other then giving money to reputable charities, it's hard to look at those news casts and not be able to be there to help somehow.....Bruce.

I stitched together a quick composite jpg of the WAC for Haiti, and did an FSMMM calibration file for it, if anyone is interested. scott s..

Guest Therius

Thanks guys, I've been looking for this stuff too. Think I'll do a virtual delivery of supplies in the MD-11F!

Guest pltdan

ScottA friend and I are heading down to FXE to help with the Haiti relief effort tomorrow in a B58. Although we have a set of Jepps awaiting our arrival, would love as much info as you can send me--charts, etc. (especially VFR) of the area to get a good sense before the workload is hugePLTDAN@yahoo.com