Sign in to follow this  
Guest fs2004josh

flight to miami

Guest fs2004josh

here are couple of pics i took flying into miami. was a pretty bumpy flight. we had 75 knot head winds.108cq3c.jpgimm1rl.jpg263fsir.jpg2mpl8pi.jpg

Guest fs2004josh
Nice pic. That seems like a HILEY2 approach into ILS 30
Bingo. we cut through runway 27L.

Guest fs2004josh
Bingo. we cut through runway 27L.
correction: we were landing at ft lauderdale airport. we then drove to miami. it was about a 30 min drive.

correction: we were landing at ft lauderdale airport
Well i hope you were actually planning to arrive at KFLL and not KMIA (as you posted).To much spirits(beverage) with your turbulant ride to stir it up onboard can do it to ya! :( Nice pics anyway.Cheers!T. Headlam

Guest fs2004josh
Well i hope you were actually planning to arrive at KFLL and not KMIA (as you posted).To much spirits(beverage) with your turbulant ride to stir it up onboard can do it to ya! :( Nice pics anyway.Cheers!T. Headlam
we were originally supposed to fly on the 757-200 then i guess U.S. Airways changed there minds and we flew on the 737-400. But yea, the turbulance was pretty good! I brought my garmin gps on the plane just to see his ground speed, average GS 458mph. At times when we were banking to the left, he would catch the winds going on the opposite end of the plane and his GS would be 560 - 575 mph.

Yeah, I was about to say, that had to be FLL.At Miami even if u do the straight in ILS 30, 27L/R you'd be much higher flying over the coast... MIA is a few miles inland.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

If those screenshots are FSX, they're definitely more like "as real as it gets".I guess it must be time to change from FS9. :( Colin B

Guest fs2004josh

Actually, this is FS9 :(

I saw the first picture and was simple amazed by the realistic graphics! ...then I saw the rest :(

Guest fs2004josh
I saw the first picture and was simple amazed by the realistic graphics! ...then I saw the rest :(
:( You didn't know, I run a 1,000 GIG graphics card from EVGA. It cost me an arm and a leg, but at least it produced those "realistic" graphics. :(