Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Glideslope

Hey there, one quick question with hopefully a solution...I have FS2002, and for some reason my autopilot will not couple with the glideslope on an ILS approach. The lateral system will activate and stear my plane on the right approach course, but, the glideslope will activate and I will have to try my hardest keeping the plane and the correct glideslope.Hope this can help.Blake

Solution - go get FS2004! It's already been stated that this incredibly annoying bug is fixed in the new version... Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have not encountered lack of GS-AP coupling provided I stayed within the operating parameters of the aircraft and captured the GS at or near the OM from below at the designated intersect altitude.Generally, your aircraft must be in the correct configuration (speed, flaps, gear). If you are being vectored, you generally interesect at about 35 degrees and far enough out so the GS is well above you and strong enough to capture. With the AP in APPR mode, the hnav will lock on before the vnav in a proper approach.The only time I recall losing it was when my airspeed was way too fast so the AP was overcompensating and another when severe turbulence was encountered on the approach. A typical GS approach will capture about six to eight miles out.Also make sure the approach is in fact an ILS and not just a localizer only.