Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Vroute Professional as main flight planner for offliner

Hi,I'm considering switching to professional version of Vroute after the years of using FSBuild. I know that Vroute was initially developed for VATSIM folks, but after they started to inlude Navdata, profiles for PMDG\LDS birds with export-to-FS options, I feel like I'm ready to switch.Any opinions?Thanks

It's a great idea. But the free version includes that. Unless of course you want to export your routes instead of manually entering them.

Hi,I'm considering switching to professional version of Vroute after the years of using FSBuild. I know that Vroute was initially developed for VATSIM folks, but after they started to inlude Navdata, profiles for PMDG\LDS birds with export-to-FS options, I feel like I'm ready to switch.Any opinions?Thanks
I upgraded from the free version and have been very happy. Having a fuel calculator is the biggest single advantage. The only downside is that some plans are unavailable if the route is no longer compatible with the current AIRAC cycle but I don't come across this very often. The advantage of having so many plans available far outweighs the disadvantage and you are able to correct the 'bad' plans.Support is also very good and the product is very reliable. Gets my vote. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks folks,I just purchase Vroute.premium from simmarket. The program is great, interface is very usefuel, have no porblem so far with learning the program. The only issue that I have noticed is that calculated flight plans do not reflect wind speeds (as FSBuild does). I have winds 000/00 on my progress card. Is it a limitation of the program or I did something wrong with the setup?Thanks againDmitriy

Go into the Configuration tab and change winds Aloft model to Realistic. It defaults to None - 000/00.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is there a link on their webpage that lists the aircraft you can export flight plans to, or, alternatively can anyone tell me if there are any a/c VRoute does NOT export flight plans to? I can't seem to find this info . . .

Is there a link on their webpage that lists the aircraft you can export flight plans to, or, alternatively can anyone tell me if there are any a/c VRoute does NOT export flight plans to? I can't seem to find this info . . .
This may help you Chuck. Taken from their FAQ section. You'll have to install it first though...4. How do I check if a particular aircraft is not available already?Just open vroute, go to route page, pick any flight plan and see the Fuel tab. All available aircraft are listed in the "Aircraft" selector.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm actually planning on moving the other way... precisely because of a reason already stated: if the route is not compatible with the current AIRAC, you are out of luck. I have been trying to find a lot of routes over Russia and some East European countries, but I can use none, because all have been done with outdated AIRACs. That's why I plan on moving to FSBuild, because it will always give me a route. I mean, for the rest, Vroute is great. It's just terribly disappointing to find so many routes not available.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

That's why I plan on moving to FSBuild
Does FSBuild have an expanding library of ready updated flightplans?

Vroute Premium has great potential, but even as a "semi-serious" flight planner alternative to FSBuild it is still lacking.The AIRAC difficulties is one thing, but especially the operational flight plan document is a disappointment as with small format changes and inclusion of data it would be fully comparable to the one in FSBuild, and sufficient for simulator use. All data is available so it could be done.The document does not include a fuel calculation breakdown or have ETE/ATO/RETO fields available. I've asked the developer to make these minor changes, but I find his reluctance to do so confusing and even a little bit disappointing. Maybe if enough people asked him..

A little half off-topic. but has VRoute been down for a long time? Cannot reach the server./Johan
Same here, lost connection last night, still not back up yet today.