Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

FSX top menu bar and AI

At the top of the FSX screen there is a menu bar (appearing with CTRL+ALT). On the right side of the entry ADD_UPS there are a list of airplanes that correspong to the AI flying around me. If I click on one of them I get that specific AI flying on my screen. It is similar to the option Views/New View/Air Traffic. How can I suppress these options on the menu bar ? I guess that I accidently activated these options but how ?Can anybody give me a clue ?Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

The problem is not something I am familiar with, but did you try renaming your fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one?

Art

How can I suppress these options on the menu bar ? I guess that I accidently activated these options but how ?
Never mind... I misread your question, and thought you were speaking about the default AI traffic... :( Edited by n4gix

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

At the top of the FSX screen there is a menu bar (appearing with CTRL+ALT). On the right side of the entry ADD_UPS there are a list of airplanes that correspong to the AI flying around me. If I click on one of them I get that specific AI flying on my screen. It is similar to the option Views/New View/Air Traffic. How can I suppress these options on the menu bar ?I guess that I accidently activated these options but how ?Can anybody give me a clue ?Roger
May I ask why you want to supress or remove any of the tabs on the Menu bar? You are not required to use any of them.BTW - I have found no way to remove any of the default tabs - but it is easy enough to add other items such as the FSX version of the Traffictoolbox utility.

The problem is not something I am familiar with, but did you try renaming your fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one?
I followed your advice and it helped. I am still trying to figure out how this happened.

Roger

May I ask why you want to supress or remove any of the tabs on the Menu bar? You are not required to use any of them.BTW - I have found no way to remove any of the default tabs - but it is easy enough to add other items such as the FSX version of the Traffictoolbox utility.
David,1. It bothered me to have these unwanted AI entries on the menu bar2. I suspect that it brought dowm the FPS. It can be something else that downgraded the FPS but by letting FSX recreate the cfg file it brought back my old performance (FPS 26 instead of 10 FPS).I must have changed something unintentionaly. But what ?????????Anyhow thank you to all of you.

Roger

It's a bug in FSX when there are more than about 1000 AI aircraft in the reality bubble at anyone time, reduce the traffic sliders to keep the number of AI down to a reasonable level and it will stop happening, you may have to restart the sim before it clears the menu bar.

Cheers, Andy.

It's a bug in FSX when there are more than about 1000 AI aircraft in the reality bubble at anyone time, reduce the traffic sliders to keep the number of AI down to a reasonable level and it will stop happening, you may have to restart the sim before it clears the menu bar.
O.K. I will do that. It seems mainly the GA that give me the problem.yesterday everything was perfect... until the problem happened again after I increased the GA traffic slider during the flight. And the FPS was cut in half. Thank you.

Roger

Thank you Andy. I have been having this problem off and on for a while and now I finally know why.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thank you Andy. I have been having this problem off and on for a while and now I finally know why.
I would like to add my thanks to Andy for this useful knowledge. I just experienced the same issue myself and now know how to prevent it. :(

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.