Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Concorde VS ATC

Hi everybody :( .Flight sim labs will release a FSX Concorde very soon, I would like to know if there are some specials ATC procedures for this plane and if RC4.3 can handle them ?ThanksBenjamin

Hi everybody :( .Flight sim labs will release a FSX Concorde very soon, I would like to know if there are some specials ATC procedures for this plane and if RC4.3 can handle them ?ThanksBenjamin
we have a beta tester who is quite familiar with that special plane. he can elaborate on some of the intricacies of flying it with rc. one that i know, is to file for a lower altitude so you can climb, burn off fuel, and then request higher in steps so can reach higher altitudes comfortably.jd

Thanks JDFew more questions- "Never tried", is that possible to go higher than FL510 with RC4 ?- I heard about a procedure called Supersonic loop, do you know what is it ?- Is there some RC4 ATC interaction "like request permission" before going to supersonic over the ocean ?- If i fly mach 2.0 over the USA, will i have some RC4 ATC reaction ?ThanksBenjamin

Although there are no special ATC procedures in RC for Concorde it can handle the aircraft with a little help. I fly the PSS Concorde in FS9. What altitude you request for your departure depends on how soon you can clear terrain and accelerate above Mach 1. For example, EGLL-KJFK requires you to file FL260 as you cannot climb above this until the Accel point just south of Cardiff. Once you reach that point request higher and you will be given various altitude options. You can request up to FL590 although intially you will have to request FL350.RC can cope with your cruise/climb phase as long as you maintain a minimum climb rate of 50fpm. Although in real life Concorde could descend slightly to maintain M2.02 you will be warned if you descend below your filed altitude.RC will calculate your ToD pretty well and I suggest you maintain a minimum descent rate of 100fpm until you're back at 350kts IAS and rhen descend at 3500fpm. Thereafter you'll be treated just like any other aircraft and will be expected to be at 11000/12000 40 miles from arrival.Flying KJFK-EGLL you're soon over ocean so can file FL590 in your plan.There's a special Speedbird Concorde callsign just to make you different to all the other BA flights. :( Hope that helps.
Thanks JDFew more questions- "Never tried", is that possible to go higher than FL510 with RC4 ?- I heard about a procedure called Supersonic loop, do you know what is it ?- Is there some RC4 ATC interaction "like request permission" before going to supersonic over the ocean ?- If i fly mach 2.0 over the USA, will i have some RC4 ATC reaction ?ThanksBenjamin
1) Yes, you can file up to FL590.2) Perhaps it relates to the popular short super-sonic flights run by BA prior to Concorde's demise that performed a long turn around the Bay of Biscay.3) No. I think in r/w procedures there may have been one but it's not simulated in RC.4) No, feel free to annoy the cousins. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for your clear answer RayHave a nice evening :( Benjamin

Hello Ray and JD!- I was wondering if it would be possible in RC5 to have ATC leave You alone above FL500. And also, be able to request Block altitudes. As You are aware, the Concorde will climb/descend when in MaxCruise.Kind Regards Henrik

Hello Ray and JD!- I was wondering if it would be possible in RC5 to have ATC leave You alone above FL500. And also, be able to request Block altitudes. As You are aware, the Concorde will climb/descend when in MaxCruise.Kind Regards Henrik
Hi Henrik,It's JD's decision regarding block altitudes but if he does go for it then a check would have to be made that the aircraft type is CONC as small business jets such as the Lear and Gulfstream can also attain those altitudes but wouldn't qualify for the 'special' treatment.Whilst in real life Concorde would occasionally have to descend to maintain Mach 2 it would be the exception rather than the rule. But it might also have needed to descend if TMO exceeded 127C so the ability to do that without RC intervention would be welcomed. Of course if it was necessary to descend lower than FL500 then normal rules would have to apply.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather