Sign in to follow this  
Guest gastoff

pmdg 747-400

Guest gastoff

hello,i have a simple questionhow to let the pmdg fly like a boeing 747-400 <standard in the simulation> on gps and backcourse modus??thx

You know, PMDG has a special forum for these kind of questions, here at Avsim. Just scroll down to the forum section devoted to developers. I suggest you go there. That, or read the manual, I guess...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

hello,i have a simple questionhow to let the pmdg fly like a boeing 747-400 <standard in the simulation> on gps and backcourse modus??thx
Best place to post is in the PMDG 744 forum: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=352 But you'll find that you have to use the PMDG B744 like the real 744 and not the default one. It' s all in the manuals and there's a couple of good tutorials available. I can e-mail you one (a tutorial) if you PM me you e-mail.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The real 747-400 can't fly the backcourse. (Mike Ray's 747-400 checkride manual is the source).

Guest gastoff
Best place to post is in the PMDG 744 forum: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=352 But you'll find that you have to use the PMDG B744 like the real 744 and not the default one. It' s all in the manuals and there's a couple of good tutorials available. I can e-mail you one (a tutorial) if you PM me you e-mail.
yeah i know all that but i am forgotten how it called on the boeing 747-400 that option that look like the backcourse of the standard 747-400 of the simulator.and that manual is 49 dollars wow i hope its good as the plane it self

The manual is shipped with the product... It's a PDF file. I'm very sorry, but do you honestly think you can barge into this aircraft without even looking for the manual. To me it's clear you have tried ziltch to sort out your problems.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

You might be interested in Mike Ray's more generic PC sim manual for the 700 series at about $29. Check it out at http://www.utem.com/manuals.htmlwhere you can browse some sample pages. It is not heavy on systems but does go into navigation and operational techniques including good explanations of the FMC operation.I have it and it was a welcome addition to the PMDG manuals. It is available from his site, Amazon, and several sim pilot shops.I use the PMDG 737NG series and it really made learning easier and improved my skills by introducing some practical techniques as well as basics.In a direct answer regarding navigation the FMC includes a database of departures and arrivals. You can create a flight plan in it. The PMDG Boeing FMC types will not import FS9 flight plans. I have a payware planner that creates plans and saves them in its internal format plus exports to various FMCs including the PMDG Boeing and LDS 767 versions, plus FS9. You thus get a route display on your navigation display similar to the FS GPS. For US flying I get flight plans from real world routes filed on flightaware.com. I can paste the information with minor modification into the route box in FSBuild, proof the route there, and then save and export as needed. FSBuild includes fuel planning and interfaces to Active Sky weather if you have it to assist in fuel planning. fsbuild.com is the description site and also AIRAC site for it.There is an online fuel planner in a free and expanded paid version that exports to those FMCs as well. I don't use it but some have posted about it. Look at:http://www.vroute.net/There is another freeware flight planner that some have used called:http://www.cpinf.com/products/super-flight...er-4/index.htmlSo you can use one of these planners or build you plan directly into the FMC.The FMC real world may use a combination of GPS, IRS, and raw data avionics modules combined with its databases to provide accurate HNAV and in many cases VNAV through the approach. The navigation data displayed on the ND is much more than the FS9 GPS display including anticipated crossing times, range rings around waypoints (entered on the fix page with a specific technique) handy for meeting speed and crossing restrictions, and other data in a centralized display unit.Hope this helps.