Sign in to follow this  
Fiveholer

ATC Sound Issues...

Hey guys,A new problem has popped up for me. All of a sudden my ATC sounds are gone. I didn't do any big changes that would have messed with that area. Also, sometimes some aircraft sounds won't play. What part of the FS folder is this info kept in? Default ATC sounds? Can anyone tell me on what CD they would be found so I can just try to restore them in that way? I know there is a site that has maps of the FS CDs but I couldn't find it in a quick google search.Thanks,Danny

Hey guys,A new problem has popped up for me. All of a sudden my ATC sounds are gone. I didn't do any big changes that would have messed with that area. Also, sometimes some aircraft sounds won't play. What part of the FS folder is this info kept in? Default ATC sounds? Can anyone tell me on what CD they would be found so I can just try to restore them in that way? I know there is a site that has maps of the FS CDs but I couldn't find it in a quick google search.Thanks,Danny
If you are talking about the instructions ATC gives, they are in your main sound folder - two files; USEnglishBig.gvp and USEnglishASOS.gvp.This file will be helpful: fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.The link for instructions is this:http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1080212396Scroll down to Number 17.Before you do all that, double check your sounds settings and be sure you have a "pilot voice" selected. Possibly that setting has become unselected somehow.Good luck.

If you are talking about the instructions ATC gives, they are in your main sound folder - two files; USEnglishBig.gvp and USEnglishASOS.gvp.This file will be helpful: fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.The link for instructions is this:http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1080212396Scroll down to Number 17.Before you do all that, double check your sounds settings and be sure you have a "pilot voice" selected. Possibly that setting has become unselected somehow.Good luck.
Well, I re-copied all the original sound folders and still nothing. Also noticed that I have lost EXTERNAL sounds on the default Cessna. The internals are still there. Also, any 3rd party aircraft (PMDG, LDS, etc) don't play any callouts like gear, trim sounds, etc. I had googled a bit on the issue and come up with issues with a .dll but the issue was for WindowsXP and I am using Vista. MS even has a KB for it. I have no idea what to do other than doing a fresh install of FS9. I am really not wanting to do that. Here is the KB article.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;177252Danny