Sign in to follow this  

FSCOF discussion banned at the "other site"

Mod, I understand if you pull this but...The other site has put the kaibash on all things 2004 until the official release date of the 29th. Their feeling is that anyone that has it either has a 100% bonafida counterfit, or has gotten it illicitly from an unscrupulous dealer who has ignored MS's official release date of the 29th.Wow!Dave "still watching and waiting in Colo" J

hi,SO basically they are calling anyone who purchased an got it early and illegal user? Andrew

Guest cw1011

Then I fall into that category. I got mine today from Chomba.com via overnight fed ex. I don't think I'll be waiting for the official release date to put it on my hard drive. I also don't think I'll be alone in that...Colin

Guest SoarPics

"SO basically they are calling anyone who purchased and got it early and illegal user?"I just received my copy a couple hours ago... got the MS Seal of Authenticity all nicely barcoded and looking very official.The other issue, (and the one I believe Darrell is emphazising) is the selling of the software before it's contracted release date. If a website chooses to not post screenies and impressions of the new sim because sellers offered the product to the consumer before the "official" release date, then that's their choice. Can't say I agree with that perspective. If the consumer is prepared to buy and the seller offers the product for sale, then any "breech" is between the seller and MS. Seems rather shortsighted to refuse to accept posts because the consumer simply is willing to pay a seller offering the product.

hi,I ordered online too 2 days ago but havent received it yet from provantage.com, I highly dought they counterfeit anything and besides why would a counter-fiter go the extra mile and fabricate a tin box LOL.

> Seems rather shortsighted to>refuse to accept posts because the consumer simply is willing>to pay a seller offering the product.Yep! Maybe they'll have to back off............ or Avsim will get all the attention! :)L.Adamson

Reminds me of the kid at the playground who took his ball home becuse no one was playing by the rules.

I was just visiting the COF MS website, and it definately says it will "take flight" on the 29th. Will there be any issues if folks try to register their software w/ MS prior to the 29th? It appears from the site that "official" product support will commence that date. (Tho, when I'm looking for help, this is the first place to get it!!)Just a couple of think abouts for you lucky bums out there!!! Have fun, and do a T&Gs for those of us still waiting...

So far everything minus the two Ebay threads have been legitimate dealers selling legitimate copies.Now whether it is in violation of some retail agreement with MS is yet to be seen and even if it is so it is a bit odd to

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Well Dave guess what? You are wrong. They did not "put the kaibash on all things 2004", only "FS2004 SCREENSHOTS or tips/tricks/problem questions until July 29, 2003." That FS04 forum has been open for a time now. Where is the FS04 forum here?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Dave,Let me know if you find it in CO. :)Bruce.(Boulder)

OK, you're right on that one...but I have trouble with the thought process being applied. Kinda tough to deny the existance of the product when, like it or not, it has hit the streets to at least a limited degree. May as well start shovelling thru the "I need help with" and "here's what I found" messages as they come in now...This is now becoming a COF forum, with tips, tricks, findings, problems et al...all "man on the street, first person" stuff, not just Gold owners and beta testers. Valuable info is already flowing.And it will no doubt help me on Tuesday...Point taken tho...thx for the clarification,Dave

> Where is the FS04 forum>here?>It's been more or less this one. As far as I'm concerned, it would suit me fine if this one just transitions into FS004. Not that I find a problem with the O4 forum at Flightsim.com, but I've noticed that the FS2002 forum over there has been running slow lately.L.Adamson

Guest dpc

Told um I'd see um in a week:-lol Some guy then put me in the either I have a bootleg or I bought from some bad people. Oh well.