Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

A Serious Question To ~PMDG

Hi guys, Simple idea here,Now that the FS2004 days are limited [dont argue thats NOT the point here ...] people will be migrating one by one to FSX,I myself made the switch when FSX came out.My question is,, now with the upcoming releases, your quality is just going to improve and improve... Especially when your going to be working on one platform for years to come.. [no new flight simualtor in pipe line]1. With increase in your quality does this mean less performance.. OR are the guys at pmdg still really getting to know FSX and every week/month/year finding new things you can do, to increase performance ALONG with quality2. OR is the increase of time, [with the upgrades in GPUs, CPUs, etc etc] going to bring more quality with more performance hit..I hope i havent confused peeps and the post is clearAll the bestAlex[Extremely excited about the 777]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Alex, I am not a PMDG developer or anything but wanted to share my thoughts.You can clearly see in the PMDG line that they have improved along the way (greatly). Both in performance and modeling. You can even see it in their paintkits. They also know more today about OS issues then I'm sure they did in the beginning. They've learned some great new methods on modeling and textures as well, especially since the soon to be released 747-8 frame rates will be better than the MD-11.As mentioned in the recent thread about the new releases, they (Jason & Vin) have made prgress in steps to faster progress with eaches development. As a hobbyist programmer, I can say once you have ironed out a base platform that is reliable you will have that forever to be improved upon. Lots of steps can be a matter of copy & paste leaving more and more room to focus on the needed differences and newer techniques allowing them or any programmer the freedom to try new techniques and only make it better and better. I will say that some of the differences between FS9 & FSX coding wise must be rather huge and FSX allows for a lot of freedom and implemtation of newer concepts from what I can see alone with the SDK I tend to play with.I can't see anything going anywhere but up with their future products.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Our goal is to improve quality and performance simultaneously. If something drags the sim to its knees, it won't be included in any product we release. PMDG has gone through some changes over the last couple of years, and with some new folks on board comes some better, smarter, and more efficient ways of doing things compared to the way they we've done things in the past, so we can squeeze out a lot more out of an airplane with less impact than before.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

vscimone Posted Today, 11:43 AM Our goal is to improve quality and performance simultaneously. If something drags the sim to its knees, it won't be included in any product we release. PMDG has gone through some changes over the last couple of years, and with some new folks on board comes some better, smarter, and more efficient ways of doing things compared to the way they we've done things in the past, so we can squeeze out a lot more out of an airplane with less impact than before.
Thats fantastic, and what i was looking for, so thank you very much! :)@turbine, thanks for your responce also mate :)Alex Ridge

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Our goal is to improve quality and performance simultaneously. If something drags the sim to its knees, it won't be included in any product we release. PMDG has gone through some changes over the last couple of years, and with some new folks on board comes some better, smarter, and more efficient ways of doing things compared to the way they we've done things in the past, so we can squeeze out a lot more out of an airplane with less impact than before.
Vin, I'm mainly an FS9 user but I also have FSX which runs ok with default a/craft. The only payware a/craft I have for FSX is the JS4100 which certainly brings the frame rate down. At the payware airports I have, using the JS41 can be a bit of a slide show. This is with a Core2 Duo E7400, 4GB of DDR2 memory and a Geforce 9600GT with 512MB.So I'm interested in what you say and am wondering how what you are designing now for the next releases, including the 737, compare with the JS41 in terms of performance?Iain Smith