Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Unofficial PMDG 777 Topic

Hi peeps,There is not a specific Topic On these forums which just regards the 777 ! :)I for one have been awaiting an annoucment like this for years...If i could have it my way, i would want the 777 before even the 737NG and dash :( :( Anywayz,777-200 is my favourite aircraft... So this topic is for everyone to discuss 777+pmdg related! ! *hopes for stick sticky*Anywayz i know the annoucment made thousands of people happy bunnies..All the best PMDG!Alex Ridge

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi peeps,There is not a specific Topic On these forums which just regards the 777 ! :)I for one have been awaiting an annoucment like this for years...If i could have it my way, i would want the 777 before even the 737NG and dash :( :( Anywayz,777-200 is my favourite aircraft... So this topic is for everyone to discuss 777+pmdg related! ! *hopes for stick sticky*Anywayz i know the annoucment made thousands of people happy bunnies..All the best PMDG!Alex Ridge
Yeah,I have also waited years for the 777, but im also looking very much forward to the NGX...But the 777 is just like a dream come true, and then maybe released this year, well i really hope so. Cant wait!!

I agree, a proper 777 is way overdue in the FS world.The PSS 777 is getting old and does not support FSXWilco 777 is a disasterFor some reason Addon Airplane manufactors have made a HUGE U-Turn around the T7 for unknown reasons, Captain Sim have made the 767, so has CLS and the list continues.I'm gonna buy this one in a heartbeat.

Hi there."The PSS 777 is getting old and does not support FSXWilco 777 is a disaster"Exactly. And I hope PMDG get creative in using the Electronic Flight Bag. For anyone interested you should get yourself a copy of Justplanes Air Canada 777-300ER.IF PMDG can not develop all T7 variants. I hope the -200ER and -300ER will be developed. Those are by far the most common variants in the real world. Those 2, would be my first choises.Golli.

yes, the 772ER and 773ER would be nice.Austrian Airlines operates 4 (and 2 will come when the oldest 2 763ER will be returned) and I would love to fly a PMDG 772ER.Also I'd like to see a pmdg 773ER with an Emirates Livery :)

Hi there."The PSS 777 is getting old and does not support FSXWilco 777 is a disaster"Exactly. And I hope PMDG get creative in using the Electronic Flight Bag. For anyone interested you should get yourself a copy of Justplanes Air Canada 777-300ER.IF PMDG can not develop all T7 variants. I hope the -200ER and -300ER will be developed. Those are by far the most common variants in the real world. Those 2, would be my first choises.Golli.
I don't think an EFB is viable in FSX. Maybe I'm wrong. -Alex

I don't think an EFB is viable in FSX. Maybe I'm wrong.
Why not? I have seen similar "in-game" EFB modules used to display charts, performance calculations, W&B and even surfing on the net, created by other parties and I think they're the best thing in FS since the first FMCs were introduced!banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Why not? I have seen similar "in-game" EFB modules used to display charts, performance calculations, W&B
Obviously it would be beyond PMDG means to simulate 'full' EFB, you would have to collect enormous amount of data, not to mention that for obvious reasons you could not give folks true Jeppesen charts, NOTAMs, etc. On the other hand a very limited EFB, perhaps for W&B calculations, basic checklists and/or some very rudimentary failures modes would be entirely possible.

Obviously it would be beyond PMDG means to simulate 'full' EFB, you would have to collect enormous amount of data, not to mention that for obvious reasons you could not give folks true Jeppesen charts, NOTAMs, etc. On the other hand a very limited EFB, perhaps for W&B calculations, basic checklists and/or some very rudimentary failures modes would be entirely possible.
How about the ability to upload your own charts you've found/bought on the net? :)

How about the ability to upload your own charts you've found/bought on the net? :)
I fly routes that are true to real life operations... I know I don't have to, but its a hobby of mine you could say :( I have become increasingly more desperate in my quest for routes to fly in my B747-400.It is as if all the cool flights now a days are being flown by a T7.The 772ER indeed has the highscore there, but the 773ER is actually the plane replacing the old queen on all her routes.Boaz.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Why not? I have seen similar "in-game" EFB modules used to display charts, performance calculations, W&B and even surfing on the net, created by other parties and I think they're the best thing in FS since the first FMCs were introduced!
They're just little "apps" in the game, I would imagine actually putting that in a virtual cockpit or 2D panel would be a totally different animal.-Alex

I don't think I would hold my breathe for an EFB implentation in a PMDG product. It is more an addon type thing and think it should stay that way for many reasons. The main one of course, would be if someone had a faulty pdf, or corrupt they would blame PMDG. If someones Acrobat reader conflicted, they would blame PMDG. I prefer PMDG to use their available resources on what their knowledge is appreciated for and where their strengths are. In making us highly detailed aircraft models of our favorite Aircraft. I use FS Widgets personally, and the next thing people would probably want is google moving map on their EFB. Once again, you will see lots of people complaining to PMDG because google map and pdf's can cause that unwanted hiccup in FS and big fps hits for some, causing once again even more issues and complaints for PMDG. Just doesn't seem like somehing I would want to have to support anyway.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

You are right, I was not thinking a full 777 EFB simulation. As much as possible though. Something like NOTAM:s is not really viable as there is no single source available for simulation use.One thing that would be cool if Navigraph could work together with EFB makers to allow viewing of charts purchased from them via EFB applications on-screen.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

It is more an addon type thing and think it should stay that way for many reasons.
I agree, it could add a lot of time/cost to the development and only distract from the 'core' aircraft. Also I have doubts about readability of charts, etc. I happen to have G1000 PC trainer and it comes with charts - they are (OK) readable but you have the MFD filling the whole screen. There is no sense of 'cockpit', no VC, etc.