Sign in to follow this  
MahrVehl

NEED HELP URGENT!

Hey guys, I've downloaded a FS2004 (RPLL) scenery for FSX and I didn't like it with so I deleted it. Every time I started FSX it says "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Scenery/Manila/SCENERY) in scenery Area.100 not found". Also It never starts FSX, I thought that running the FSX disk and repairing it would solve the problem. I would've done it but I'm not sure if it will delete any other files like my PMDG. Regards, Andrew Coz

Hey guys, I've downloaded a FS2004 (RPLL) scenery for FSX and I didn't like it with so I deleted it. Every time I started FSX it says "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Scenery/Manila/SCENERY) in scenery Area.100 not found". Also It never starts FSX, I thought that running the FSX disk and repairing it would solve the problem. I would've done it but I'm not sure if it will delete any other files like my PMDG. Regards, Andrew Coz
Did you uncheck this scenery in the scenery library? If you don't it will think it should search for it in fsx. Give that a shot and I think it will work.Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Unfortunately, I can't uncheck it because due to FSX crash and it won't even let me where I can choose planes, missions, multiplayers etc...

A question:Did you delete it from the scenery library in FSX before you deleted it from your hard drive?If not, you would need to manually delete it from the scenery.cfg file. This is not normally recommended but you say you cannot start FSX.The scenery.cfg file you need to find is the one in the same folder as your FSX.cfg. This is normally under Application data/Microsoft/FSXThe "Repair" function only repairs items which were installed during the original installation so it would not be of any use in this situation.Try manually removing the scenery entry if indeed you cannot start FSX and let us know if that solves the problem. The scenery,.cfg file can be opened and edited using Notepad - make a backup copy first.Many FS2004 sceneries simply do not work well (or not at all) in FSX so I would recommend using only FSX specific additions.Hope this helps.

I found the scenery.cfg located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and It told me to look under "Area.100" so I did and here's what it states: [Area.100]Title=AsiaLocal=Scenery\ASIALayer=100Active=TRUERequired=FALSE No specific Add-on that I see that I'm able to remove! Edit : Ok, everything is working except the runway at RPLL is pitch black! Well its ok I'll try finding something to cover that.

I found the scenery.cfg located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and It told me to look under "Area.100" so I did and here's what it states: [Area.100]Title=AsiaLocal=Scenery\ASIALayer=100Active=TRUERequired=FALSE No specific Add-on that I see that I'm able to remove! Edit : Ok, everything is working except the runway at RPLL is pitch black! Well its ok I'll try finding something to cover that.
The one you found is a backup of the default entries. Look in the location I mentioned - that is the one which FSX uses. (FS2004 does use the one in the location you found but FSX does not).