Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

fs2004 and undock panels

Has anyone been able to undock panels at all?even better to move them to another monitor, where those monitors run window mode?I will try to uninstall XP SP1 later, has proven to malfunction with fs2002, so I never had the service pack installed before.thought it would be neat to freshen up the system before installing 2004, but now I don't know...I have a geforce4 TI4400 and a SIS PCI cardti4400 runs two monitors, one in full screen and one in window mode.SIS run window modethe undock choice of the panels menu are simply greyed out.I could rant about how I 'm not allowed to ask this question at the other site.....//Leif

go to windowed mode, then you should be able to undock a 2D panel and transfer it to your second monitor, then go back to 3D mode, see what happens.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest gasebah

Leif,I have read a similar post over at the other site concerning an ATI Radeon 9800, so this is neither driver nor card specific. Undocking windows seems to work in windowed mode only. MS messed that up big time obviously. That means that FS9 will be practically unusable for my 3 monitor setup. I cannot believe this. I really wonder how MS picked their beta testers. Did they really not have one guy among them with a multi monitor setup?AlexEdited for typos.

Most serious simmers don't use fullscreen mode anymore I guess.Windowed mode works better for me, gives better performance, and is more convenient.

Guest gasebah

Yeah better performance. That is because AF does not work correctly in Full Screen. There is an obvious difference in picture quality. Also in Fullscreen you run the resolution your desktop is set to not the res that is set inside FS. >Most serious simmers...Why would anyone want a blue border around their screen. Sorry but I have not the slightest idea what that has to do with a "serious simmer". I do not know what you imply with this post.Alex

Guest jason2112

This can't be true, can it? NO UNDOCKABLE WINDOWS??? Come on, you must be joking!VOlker :]

well, here's the image to prove it.trying to undock radios in def. 747running full screen.//Leif

it is possible to undock in windowed mode though.drag to another monitor, go back to full screen, and everythings fine!strange anyway..!flaw or workaround?//Leif

Guest gasebah

If this cannot be resolved my already ordered copy of FS9 will be on the shelve catching dust. Including CD#4.Alex

Guest gasebah

You mean the undocked window stays where it was? But that would only work when the desktop res is the same as the FS res. Moreover if you try to click any of the panels then doesn't FS jump back to the desktop?Alex

no it works.FS doesn't jump back.I have the same res. in windows as in full screen FS9, so i don't know about the other issue.I think however that as long as you have put the panel on anoher monitor, i.e. another video card or output, it will stay on that monitor.//Leif

Guest gasebah

Well yes, this should work. But the desktop resolution and refresh rate have to be the same as in FS otherwise the panels would move around when switching. Anyway it still is a pain in the ####. I hope MS gets this resolved quickly, if they bother at all.Alex

Guest wkzzo

I will also not be buying fs2004 till this is resolved ,with 3 monitors in my system its unbeleivable fs2004 would miss the boat on this one.

Here's what I've found working with my parhelia card and two extra GF-MX powered monitors. I have to put fs9 in windowed mode, on a single screen (not in 3072*768) and only then will the undock be allowed. I can then place the panel on the additional monitors, and put the "out the window" wiew back into the 3072 mode. What I have found is the if you save the flight, it will not replace the panels on those monitors when it starts up. You have to redo it each time. It's a colossal pain in the a$$. I haven't even started to try to ge the 2002 config file edits into fs9....--jeff

Guest Pardue802

Some "improved support for multiple monitors" :( Blah.Kenneth