Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

fs2004 and undock panels

Guest wkzzo

There has got to be a switch somewhere in the fs9 config file that fixes this.I can't beleive MS would do this. No one beta tested with multi monitors? I find this hard to beleive. Didn't MS advertise this as having advanced multi monitor support on their website. Advanced as in "less than what fs2002 has"? Why take a step back, with more and more simmers using multiple monitors it makes no sense.

This is one of my biggest disappointments with FS2004. I've tried everything and undocking windows in Full Screen mode is just no longer an option.It is possible to switch to windowed mode, undock a window, drag it to the 2nd monitor and then switch back to full screen mode. However, if you then try to do anything like redocking or undocking another window, you lose all the settings and have to do everything all over again. I've finally given up on full screen mode and now just stay in windowed mode. AA doesn't seem to work, but everything else seems to be ok.

>Also in Fullscreen you run the resolution your desktop is set to not the res that is set inside FS.Strange. I thought it was the other way around. Windowed mode runs on the Windows Desktop Settings and full screen runs on the settings set inside FS.BTW. If you have multiple video cards you can now individually set each and every one of them in FS.If you undock the windows of your choice and move them to your other monitors and after that select full screen mode all monitors will go into full screen mode with the selected windows on each monitor!Regards,

Hi Forkboy2, "AA doesn't seem to work"It works on both mode: windowed and full screen, with my gforce4 TI 4200,8x, 128meg,It works with the drivers display setting on AA or use a external tweaker, don't use the internal AA in fs2004.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

The issue I have is that if I run in windowed mode, I get horrible stutters with sound - basically the sim does a momentary pause every 1-2 seconds.. Need to look if some settings can fix this.. But it sucks really badly.Tuomas

Has anyone written MS to ask that the "enhanced multi-monitor support" be fixed in a patch?

Guest sbdwag

"Most serious simmers don't use fullscreen mode anymore I guess."So what's your agenda! Why would you criticize someone who wants to use Full Screen Mode? How does being a "serious simmer" have anything to do with Full screen mode? What is your definition of a "Serious Simmer"?Please let me know the requirements of being a "Serious Simmer" so that I may disavowal myself of any association with your group.Dennis Waggoner

>So what's your agenda! Why would you criticize someone who>wants to use Full Screen Mode? How does being a "serious>simmer" have anything to do with Full screen mode? What is>your definition of a "Serious Simmer"?A serious simmer really doesnt want to see some stupid Windows titlebars on the visuals IMHO.. So I guess the definitions can vary..But I get quite a considerable boost in framerates when I run in 1024x768 window mode (maximized of course). I got the sound chopping fixed though, now it just seemed to start working, dunno what the problem was, but if it works, I am not going to touch it :)Tuomas

Guest cliffp

IT CAN BE DONE: In an earlier thread this method is described. In full screen mode select the panel, ie. GPS - do NOT use undock just select the panel and move it until one-half of it is off the number one monitor and disappearing into monitor number two. Then turn the panel off. Start it again and it will be in monitor number two ready to resize or ? On the issue of resolution and desktop. Some of you have said that FS9 will only run at the desktop resolution - not true as my desktop is at 800x600 and FS9 is set in the options to 1024x768 and that is what it runs at. The switching is automatic in and out of FS9. Thanks to the person(s) who found this method. I am using Radeon 9700, 128 meg.

Guest sbdwag

"But I get quite a considerable boost in framerates when I runin 1024x768 window mode (maximized of course). "If you are running 16 bit color on the desktop and 32bit color in flight simulator with you go to windowed mode your color is automatically set to your desktop color resolution that is the only reason you could be getting more performance by running windowed mode.In general MORE resources are available to a program operating in full screen mode that in windowed mode.Dennis Waggoner

>"But I get quite a considerable boost in framerates when I>run>in 1024x768 window mode (maximized of course). ">>>If you are running 16 bit color on the desktop and 32bit color>in flight simulator with you go to windowed mode your color is>automatically set to your desktop color resolution that is the>only reason you could be getting more performance by running>windowed mode.>In general MORE resources are available to a program operating>in full screen mode that in windowed mode.Nope. Same depth. Yea, I have no clue either *why* it does it, but it just does. I mean, it shouldnt. Though a real multitasking OS does not really care if a program is in fullscreen or not, there are the things running on background consuming the resources no matter whether you run on fullscreen or window.Tuomas

Guest ozhero

Hi,I have all sorts of problems with my 3 monitor setup for FS2004 compared to no problems in FS2002. The trick of partially moving the panel also does not work for me.What I hate most is that in full screen mode the windows look horrible when moved to my other monitors. I have a 21 inch (running at 1600 x 1200 x 21)and 2 x 19 inch monitors (running at 1024 x 768 x32) and when I move panels from the 21 inch to the 19inch monitors they appear tiny and indistinct.The only way I can move them is undock them in windowed mode, move them onto the other monitors and then switch them to full screen mode. When I do this I then have to spend ages moving them around again as they move position (and size) when moving to full screen mode.I would stick with windowed mode but performance is not as good as full screen mode (on my system) and I get a stutter every few seconds when I have the GPS (default or RealityXP) open on another monitor. (If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know).This whole thing is a MAJOR pain and a MAJOR stuffup by Micro$oft in my opinion!!

Guest sbdwag

PaulIm curious did you try the technique I described (below) in full screen mode for dragging to another monitor. It practically painless give it a try"Open the window you want to drag into the second monitor and place it to the edge of the display so more that fifty percent is off the screen. Then close that window however you like using the associated icon, pulldown menus or right clicking on it. Then open it again. THATS IT!! The window will appear in the other monitor. Drag it where ever you like. To put in back into the first monitor drag it to the OTHER side of the monitor (from where it appeared first) more that fifty percent off the screen close it and the reopen it and it will jump back into the first monitor."RegardsDennis

Guest ozhero

Hi Dennis,Yes I have.Unfortunately does not work for me.