Sign in to follow this  
BigT0827

Only Holding Barometric Altitude

I tried to fly the second tutorial flight, and everything went fine until I got to cruise altitude (FL350). The plane kept climbing and leveled off about 500 higher than cruise altitude. I pressed the b because I thought that I forgot to change the pressure, but this changed it back to local pressure and now the plane was level at cruise altitude. I could not get the plane to hold fl350 at standard pressure. Does anyone know what could cause this? I have included a picture to make it easier to understand what happened.Anthony Marsillo

This is a very common error when learning the MD11. What happens is after you set up the cruise alt in the FMS, and then set the FCP ALT knob if you go over by say 500 and don't turn it down quickly the ALT know changes the FMS. Go to the MCDU and reset your cruise altitude there.

Dan Downs KCRP