Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

When will AVSIM Store Ship FS9???

Steve, I have sent an email to Marty directing him to your question. Hopefully he'll be along soon to answer it. I too am interested in knowing. :)

I want to know how it is, that other shippers of the product are currently sending to the purchasers. And why we, the ones who ordered through the premier site are yet to find out why we will be waiting longer than other non supportive places of purchase,i will have to try to control my emotions here Avsim, because i think the answer comming is going to consist of "The official release date is the 29th July 2003" god i hope i am wrong because this smacks of rediculous double standards. If the horse has bolted as we all know it has, then please dont like some martyr arrangement say oh well at least we did the right thing. We dont want to hear that, we just want the product now that it is obviously out. I am not intending to hurt or upset anyone here, I love this site and all its wonderfull creativity and interest, i guess maybe you should not align yourself to retail sales if this sort of thing continues, i just feel that we are the second class boarding at the moment and want some reasurance that this is not the case.

Kind of jumping the gun here aren't you? We haven't answered the question yet. Heck, I don't even know if we have received our inventory to be able to start shipping... How can you jump to these conclusions, when we haven't posted an answer..?

As i said i dont want to upset you all over there, can you at least understand my concerns, and how long if you can forsee this, will it take to post a reply

What the HECK does it matter?It must be obvious to anyone with any sense of logic that Santa cannot go down every chimney at the same moment (I know, because he always gets stuck in mine trying to go back up, we feed him too well). By ordering from Avsim, you are supporting Avsim. They are not Best Buy. If you want to have your FS**** two days before the rest of the simming community, why don't you go there, and see what freeware offerings for flightsim they have there while you're in the store!? Horses for courses ...This race to have FS2004 sixteen hours before Tom Dick and Harry is just ridiculous to me. And knocking Avsim about it is just pathetic. If you're not happy, go somewhere else to do your shopping.Sorry, I don't get ratty often, but maybe I made my coffee too strong this morning. Or I'm over twelve.How did I do, Tom? I'll take that fiver now.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Steve,The release date is July 29th and we have been asked not the ship the product before then. The shipping cartons are clearly marked "do not sell until July 29th." We will not break our agreement, even if others do. The product will therefore starting shipping on MOnday July 29th. Thank you for your patience.Avsim Store

Ok we are all calm now so let me try to rationalize the subject matter.I apologize for my outburst, i guess waiting for an eagerly anticipated product i didnt expect to see all the postings from purchasers world wide that had received FCOF or been advised it was on the way. I certainly do not want to shoot the messenger here Avsim, if you have not received your inventry from MSOFT then you certainly would not be held accountable here. It does ofcourse begg the question as to why not, when others have, but that is not my concern. This is the great world of commerce and free market forces, I dont beleive Avsim, the same as any other retailer or supplier would wish to loose any customer and probably the reverse is the priority. Please dont take too many trancs, I know that it will be only days b4 i have it, i just beleived that all were going to be treated equally.

Guest wizard01

Isn't the World wonderful; here in the UK Monday is the 28th July :) :)Our FS2004 release date (at the moment) is the 1st August, next Friday that is.i never could work out the time difference between the USA and UK; now it looks like I can't get the Days right!"Anything is Possible"

Dear,Thanks for your message. It's a good news. But, I sent some email to the Avsim store about the start of shipping FS2004. I got no news from you??? With the confusing in the forum during these last three days, I though it was normal from av.store to inform their clients who made a pre-order since a long time to clarify the situation???Thanks in advance for your comprehension,Regards,GW

Guest farmer

Marty----how ya shippin this little jewel?

It's very simple... We don't purchase thousands of units like the big retailers do. We purchase in the hundreds. On the scale of "who gets what first", AVSIM and other small vendors are somewhat in the noise, if you get my drift. An EB, Babbages, Wal-Mart, who probably purchase 10's of thousands of units at a time, always will get higher priority. That's the way of modern commerce, and why you will find the smaller retailers going out of business. It's called purchasing power. And no, retailers are not treated equally and never have been. Someday I should post my experience with Nikon, Kodak, AGFA, and like franchises (read "rant").

Marty, Thanks for the answer. I bought from AVSIM to support AVSIM. I was just curious as to the date. I figured it was the 29th which is OK by me. My daughter & husband will be here all next week so I can't install it until next Sunday night (*August 3rd*)..... Sorry if I started an avelanche! :7Steve

Since FS9/FS2004/FSCOF has been delivered almost the world over, I have to ask: When will the AVSIM Store ship??? My order's been in for months....... (At least, I'm printing out all of the tips you guys are giving us!) :7 :-lol Steve