Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 Now Shipping in the UK!!

Guest bjjones

Just thought youd like to know that Play.com have started shipping FS2004 as of yesterday (incase you don't want to have to wait at least another week), it's also cheaper than a lot of places at

Guest mgreenhalgh

Yep, my copy got shipped to me late last night, though I think 48 hours is a little hopeful...I'm not anticipating arrival anytime before Monday (and that's optimistic).

Guest A321

I just cancelled my order with play.com. their site still says its not out untill 1st August. I doubt, that you guys will get it before friday, I have had things posted from them before, and it can take 4-5 days, so... I hope you guys do get it ASAP, but Ill just walk into my local Game @ 8:00 am next friday, and hopefully walk out with a copy in my hand, I cant hang around all day for the post man :) + it gives me a chance to figure out weather im going for a complete format and reinstall, or weather ill leave FS2002 on for a while.Jason

Guest Howard

I can't understand it.I telephoned Play.com. They say it is not in yet and expected 1st August. Also tried PC World in London(its not listed), HMV Covent Garden (we dont stock it but can order), Virgin Oxford Street (may be in on the 1st), Dabs (listed 1-3 days for , well, almost 1-3 days), Simply (search for simulators just brought up Train Simulator).Its good here in the UK!:-fumeRegardsHoward

Guest mgreenhalgh

Beg to differ with you there, I'm afraid. I've got a very very lengthy history with play.com now (been ordering every single game, DVD and music item from them for over a year now) and I'm definitely expecting the game around Tuesday, the only reason I'm not expecting it withing the 48 hours previously stated is that the postal service can be very slow.They may be stating a release date of August 1st, however they often ship pre-orders up to a week beforehand, and if they say it's been sent, then it's on it's way, so I'm more than happy to wait, and I'm fullt expecting it to turn up before the release date.

Guest mgreenhalgh

I've never much bothered ringing them, their operators will only give you the 'party line', so to speak. Plus you have to take into account that it differs from person to person...I'm sure someone ordering now would have to wait a few extra days compared to someone that pre-ordered, as they work their way through their first batch of stock...or that's how it's seemed to me, at least.

Why not support a small business instead of these larger companies?In the UK there is an excellent company called RCSimulations(http://www.rcsimulations.co.uk)The web page may not be very professional, but the content and knowledge is excellent.They cover all things flightsim and are posting FS2004 to arrive at a UK address by 1st Aug.I have no vested interest in RCSimulations, just like to see a small business prosper. I bought my TrackIR from them in person so I can vouch for their physical existence and stock.Personally, I'll be driving over to Bristol to pick up my copy from Bob on Friday.Bottle

some of us have to count the pennies i'm afraid! so we go with the cheapest option available. i do agree that supporting the DIY / independent retailer is good though.