Sign in to follow this  
Bill_KA350

Here's the "apparent" fix to fsx crashing (Win 7 x64)

Unreal.  I feel your pain.  Just take your time reinstalling.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the good wishes Jim; How unlucky can one be/Get? Imagine it failed 31 days after I bought, had to chase it everywhere between the manufactorer and outlet, ended up in Germany.

Will soon beggin to reinstall...

Berlopez

I found there to be different versions of this dll that people are recommending. I just picked one and haven't had a crash since (over last 2 yrs or so)

Excellent for you plate-on-a Stick, I chose one when I begna to suffer the crashes and because I was recommended to do so. I chose one directly from one of the links above.  Anyway in spite of that my new computer just 31 days old suffered a mayot HD failure,Under warrantly i just got it back  where they reset the HD. I still have to reinstall FSX,addons and all my other programs...

I found there to be different versions of this dll that people are recommending. I just picked one and haven't had a crash since (over last 2 yrs or so)

Graham,

All one needs to do is read all the CTD posts here and they will see that most who have reported crashes has had the uiautomationcore.dll in their main fsx folder and it did no good.  Look at their crash reports and it will show you they had the dll installed and it successfully loaded.  You should indicate the version of the uiautomationcore.dll that is stopping your crashes so that others here can have no crashes too.  Just right click on the file and select properties and then write down the version and report it here.

I am completely and utterly shocked that you have exactly the same computer specs as what is listed in my "My PC" profile.  Same manufacturers, products, everything!!  And, surprise, surprise, you have exactly the same addons and everything that I have as shown in My Simulator profile too.  We think alike! (except for the uiautomationcore.dll fix).  Not sure why you bought exactly my same system, down to the manufacturer and the same fsx addons too hope you have as much fun as I have been having!

Jim Young

AVSIM Moderator

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I intend to reinstall my FSX\old this weekend, don't have a lot of time right now and wouldn't like to have to leave while in the middle of installing.

Berlopez

I am completely and utterly shocked that you have exactly the same computer specs as what is listed in my "My PC" profile. Same manufacturers, products, everything!! And, surprise, surprise, you have exactly the same addons and everything that I have as shown in My Simulator profile too. We think alike! (except for the uiautomationcore.dll fix). Not sure why you bought exactly my same system, down to the manufacturer and the same fsx addons too hope you have as much fun as I have been having!

Hi Jim.

Are you sure we have the same specs? I've notice if i click on my own 'My PC' link on my previous post it shows that I have an i7-4770k haswell and everything else is wrong. I click on yours and it shows exactly what I have.

If we do have the same system its purely coincidental. I bought the i7-3770k ivy as an upgrade from an i5-2550k, the GTX 670 from 470, 830 SSD from 64gig 810 etc etc, The elite case I had one of already so bought a second and the same with the water cooler though for this rig I bought the H80 and left the H60 in the other rig.

I didnt copy anyones specs here and I think that the price, availability and popularity of our parts were a big factor as well as half the parts I bought being heavily discounted at the time,

EDIT

That is if we do have the same system, that 'my-pc' link in my previous post is wrong. Wonder if that is your rig with the 4770k, 780 etc although on this post the link is displaying the correct specs for me.

EDIT

No its definately wrong, your link shows my specs and vice versa. No wonder you were shocked, probably thought you had a stalker :lol: especially with the addons being added in exactly the same order. Freaky!

On previous page three of your links show you have 3 different systems

hl8y.png

zvwg.png

z54r.png

Hi Graham,

I have images too showing where your PC specs and My Simulator are exactly the same as mine in Post 48 and mine in Post 50.  But now they are different in your latest post so there must be a glitch in the AVSIM software.  I do not know how your profile got changed and mine didn't.  Hopefully the issue will be fixed one of these days.  Thanks for clarifying.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Go to the Program Files (x86)\ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then go about half way down the page past the gauges and sim objects folders beyond till you see the blue FSX icon That's the FSX.exe file. if youre running Win 7 you should right click go to properties and then go to Capatability and change your setting from default XP SP3 to Win 7. This will solve any black screens that occur when using the drop down menu to turn on fsrecorder or addon manager etc.

Doing this caused me to lose all sound from FSX.

nrcapes, I am under the imrpession that nstalling FSX in it's default path is also causing the issues like in Windows 7. I'd install it under the C:\ Then do the properties and compatability to the .exe file.

Berlopez

I have suffered thr crashes in Windows 8 64. the I downloaded and replcaed the .dll with version 6.0.5840.16386 and since I have had no issues.

Some friends tell me this only applies to Windows 7 64?

berlopez

Some friends tell me this only applies to Windows 7 64?

Smart friends.  Glad it is working for you.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi all,

I recently bought a new PC and installed FSX and Acceleration.  It's Win7 64 bit and it is crashing to the desktop (fatal error) as soon as I access the Alt menus.

My problems seem to match everything described in this thread, except my fatal error crash occurs immediately after opening a menu, not after 15-20 clicks.

I saw the posts about remove the UIAnimationCore.dll from System 32 and SysWOW64.  I removed them and it didn't make a difference so I've put them both back.

I've tried the Vista dll and it didn't fix the crash.

I'm not sure if my problem is the same as described by OP but some of the posts in this thread are from knowledgeable people who may have had the same issue as I am.

Other than that, the sim seems to run fine except it now also gives a fatal error as soon as I try to start a Quick Flight at the Bowerman Orbx demo airport!

Any ideas?  Your comments would be greatly appreciated!  (<--PC specs in the postbit)

I saw the posts about remove the UIAnimationCore.dll from System 32 and SysWOW64. I removed them and it didn't make a difference so I've put them both back.

You should never ever remove a system file.  The uiautomationcore.dll (a Vista version) should be placed in the main fsx folder.  The ones located in system folders should not be replaced or removed.

If you want assistance you will need to download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and you should post the results of the crash here in a new topic.  It's very difficult to follow several different crash reports in the same topic from different members.

If you received a g3d.dll error around Bowerman, the FSUIPC utility might be able to trap those crashes.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

My computer failed me Again?...Second time for repairs in two months, only get a refund on the third time.DRat! First time a HD failure,, second Motherboard, got new put in.

Now I have everything running and rememebered this with the UIAutomationcore.dll. FSX has crashed a couple of times

My Event Viewer has developed a fault,I think? Ishows in the taskbar with a Red Ball with a White X and a yellow triangle above it with an exclamation mark in it

I Down loaded the Vista .ddl and was going to put it into FSX Root folder but when I opened it it wouldn't let me?

Berlopez.

PS Windows has started maintenance and it has been at it now for three days??? I checked my present FSX\Gold install and the UIAutomation Core.dll is not present in the folder tree???...