Sign in to follow this  
Bill_KA350

Here's the "apparent" fix to fsx crashing (Win 7 x64)

My Event Viewer has developed a fault,I think? Ishows in the taskbar with a Red Ball with a White X and a yellow triangle above it with an exclamation mark in it

Impossible to tell you what's wrong.  What does the warning message state.  What is the Event ID number?

I Down loaded the Vista .ddl and was going to put it into FSX Root folder but when I opened it it wouldn't let me?

It sounds like you, the User, do not have permission to open certain folders.  The Administrator of your computer is not allowing you to open folders.

Windows has started maintenance and it has been at it now for three days??? I checked my present FSX\Gold install and the UIAutomation Core.dll is not present in the folder tree???...

Three days of system maintenance certainly indicates something major is wrong with your computer.  FSX Gold does not install the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder.

When you install FSX, you must install the program as the Administrator with full rights.  You must disable UAC (User Access Controls) too.  An anti-virus program should be disabled too or set up to allow the full installation of FSX otherwise, the program will not allow certain parts of FSX to be installed (thinking it might be a virus).  This happens mostly with security programs that protect a developer from piracy.

There have been some compatibility issues with Windows 8, FSX, FSX addons, and the uiautomationcore.dll placed in the main fsx folder.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply...

I still have a White flag with a Black Clock on the taskbar NeXT to the computers' clock, saying Maintenance in Progress...Uffff!???

The event viewer is still the same a Red circler with a White Cross and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside ???

I don't know what to make of this???

My Defender was going on and off and still is, Eventhough i tried to fix it with Medion support today, I was told to change my update setting from Automatic to See what updates there are available and choose...I thought that would help? But just now I open computer to check post and then Defender and it's Brown Again, set it to doa quick scan when it finishes it turns green...

I also don't know what to make of this, Other thna this is a Mondays computer.

Berlopez

The event viewer is still the same a Red circler with a White Cross and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside

The red circle with an Exclamation Point (not a White Cross) indicates something major happened.  A program might have crashed, terminated expectantly, etc.  These may or may not need to be fixed.  Some of these reports are shown in the AppCrashView.  The Custom Views/Administrative Events listed in the Event Viewer are mainly for your information.  It tells you when a service starts up (or didn't start up for some reason).  In the Event View you can get more information by clicking on the Blue Icon with a (?) question mark inside (the help button).  You can double click on the event and it will give you more information and, in the bottom left, there will be a link to look for a fix on the Internet.  If nothing can be found by doing that you can type in the search bar at that link the words in the General Tab (i.e., the program iexplore.exe stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.  Hit return and you'll get all kinds of links to possible solutions to that problem (or they will tell you this is not a problem).

White flag with a Black Clock on the taskbar NeXT to the computers' clock, saying Maintenance in Progress

You can click on the White Flag which will take you to the Action Center where you can turn on/off Maintenance.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,thanks Again for your resonse and support. I include here an image in Dropbox where you can see the taskbar in my computer and you can see the Evenviewer NeXT to my Skype Blue  Icon. As I say : A Red Ball with a With a White "X" and a yellow Triangle with an Black exclamation mark. On the Right you can see the White Falg with the Black Clock. I will stop maintenance as you suggest.But Why has it started maintenance ?...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86678990/Desktop.png

Berlopez

I just tried to stop Maintenance by going to the Action Center as you indicate...Nothing happens?

Attempting and looking at otherthing it said defender had to scan computer so I clicked on that...It was Off Again, of course by scanning Again at the ned it turned Green Again This comp. has a mind of its' own or a very bad operator.Probably the later :(

Berlopez

LOL.  Microsoft is only trying to protect you from evil people.  It's hard for me to sit here and write a long spiel on what should be turned on and what should be turned off.  I usually refer people to the following link - http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html.  It's long but he has detailed guidance on what to turn off and what to leave on.  The Microsoft Defender is one thing he recommends turning off.  I have followed his guide very closely and have done some of the things he recommends and some I decided to leave alone.  But it is a good guide.  He keeps it up-to-date regularly.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Ji Jim just to report, My computer completed Maintenance this morning,now only the White flag is showing on the taskbar.

Defender is the only protection I have in this computer,As my Kasperski licence ran out.

Berlopez

PS Took its' time. Thanks for the guide/Link.

Comparring my issue with the Event viewer with another simmer who uses win7 64, his' also shows the Yellow Triangle and the ball with the White cross in the book, WE beleive this is ajut a warning that the Event viewer has detected something is wrong and is inviting you to view it and eventually correct the fault...

Berlopez

Hi all

HERE is THE solution , uiautomationcore.dll  didnt help me

I tried everything in 6 months  , only windows XP 32 or 64 bits was possible to play it with no problems

As you can see my english is not so perfect but i explain it .

I wanted to run FSX with win 7 64bits but i thought it was impossible with this board GA-EP43T-USB3 , 2 duo E8400, 4Gb DDr3 gskill, HD radeon 7750 1gb ddr5

This is a very old equipment i know 

I even try it with Vista 32 or 64 bits, Win 7 32 or 64 bits  then i got back to XP 64bits

3 days ago i tought to my self .....Dammmm this time ill try it again

I installed Win7 64bits , after any update YOU HAVE TO RESTART, them next update

install EVERY updates you can get , then the hardware drivers of your machine.

Dont forget to restart every driver you install.

Finally i installed the first part of FSX , restarted , play FSX , chose a plane, airport ( runway) , check all views, end flight ,  EXIT GAME  and now restart Windows

Now you can install Accelereation PACK, restart and play it again, restart and install the first Addon you want

And Finnaly i Made it , everything is going fine with no problems, dont forget to restart after you install any pack, addon or plane

Hope it helps you

Great thread, uiautomationcore.dll fix didn't work for me, but it seems that changing fsx.exe compatablity to W7 and ticking "always running as administrator" has fixed the issue. Thanks!

:)

I have tried this and also tried the File Page fix that is suggested on other websites. Have just flown for 1:09 and it crashed.

I have tried this and also tried the File Page fix that is suggested on other websites. Have just flown for 1:09 and it crashed.

What have you tried Figerty? Anytime you fly for more than an hour, you can have problems. The topic you have posted to is pretty old and new technology and new fixes have been discovered by our membership. AVSIM has a great CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots. This guide will give you information on how you can troubleshoot (investigate) your CTD. It provides a lot of tools and some probable fixes for most crashes. What's the page file fix? In the AVSIM CTD Guide, there's a program you can download and it will show all of your crashes and you can post the results of your crashes here so we can take a look at them and maybe tell you exactly what's wrong. Although you posted in the wrong topic, you have correctly arrived at the AVSIM CTD Forum and you are now close to having all of your problems fixed.  :He He:

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Sorry guys this is not a fix but I have another problem... I have windows 7 Ultimate and I've reinstalled both Windows and FSX and I still get a " Fatal Error Occurred " and then It restart FSX... So I installed  uiautomationcore.dll into FSX main folder and it did fix the FSX restart but I'm still getting the " Fatal Error ". Please send me any ideas to fix this problem ...to:.. sbucknerbcs@yahoo.com thank you

What have you tried?

Hey Jim, UiAutomationCore.dll troubles seems similar to a situation I encountered several years ago.

A neighbour came over in a panic, said her "car wouldn't start". I went to have a look and found the ignition key would not turn due to pressure on the steering lock. I wobbled the steering wheel a little and freed the mechanism slightly so the key turned freely. The car started and I explained, next time the car wouldn't start try turning the steering wheel to and fro a little to free the key. "Right ho" she said. Couple of months passed. She came over again, "car wouldn't start, tried wobbling the steering and everything". I went over to have a look. This time the key turned freely but the battery was dead.

All the best.

Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hello Mr. Bill_KA350 , I want to thank you on your advise on the subject , the apparent  fix to fsx crashing Win 7 x64 , basically you suggest downloading and replacing  the uiautomationcore.dll  file , well I did as you suggest, and it work. Before then, I was becoming very frustrated with my FSX Freezing and Crashing . I love my FSX, and have invested a lot money and time with  downloads and upgrades. even upgrading my computer. It was when I started using PMDG ,CAPTAIN SIM, QUAILITY WINGS aircraft files ,  that I started having Issues . Just let me add, those expensive  brand name aircraft are the best, and challenge your flying skills, but require a lot of reading, studying and practice, I tried everything, re installing , changing settings, reading different forums, I purchase my CYBERPOWER PC with the best game card , memory, everything I need to make it as real as possible . I thought my troubles was completely over. It was March 15 2015 that I read your suggestion and now It's Friday March 20, and I've been flying trouble free of crashing and freezing.  I want to thank everyone who take the time  to share their expertise and experience with the rest of us looking for solutions.